Deadline: January 7th, 2020
Payment: .04 per word
Folk Horror continues to stalk sunlit fields and shadowed groves with its grafting of the mundane and the sublime. The pervasive themes of isolation, paranoia, depravity, loss of individuality, and rustic madness captivate and terrify audiences.
Nosetouch Press is pleased to conjure up FIENDS IN THE FURROWS II: More Tales of Folk Horror, a call for submissions for Folk Horror from around the world—from Britain and Ireland, to continental Europe, to North and South America, Africa, and Asia.
We encourage writers to continue to explore the wilderness of Folk Horror, while honoring the elemental essence of this subgenre’s tangled, grasping roots.
SEND YOUR BEST ORIGINAL FOLK HORROR STORIES OF 4,000 TO 8,000 WORDS. SUBMISSIONS THAT ARE CHOSEN WILL BE PAID $.04 A WORD. NO POEMS OR REPRINTS, PLEASE.
Email entries to [email protected] .doc or .rtf format • Please state “FIENDS 2” in the subject line.
SUBMISSION PERIOD: NOVEMBER 1, 2019–JANUARY 7, 2020
Via: Nose Touch Press.
- Taking Submissions: Air: Sylphs, Spirits and Swan Maidens – Elemental Anthologies #3 - November 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: After Dinner Conversation - November 14, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: tdotSpec Magazine - November 13, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Nefarious Nature - November 13, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Cossmass Infinities - November 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Murder Park After Dark Volume 3 - November 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Midnight & Indigo – Speculative Fiction / Horror Issue - November 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Scary Snippets: Christmas Edition - November 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Unfading Daydream - November 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Midnight In The Pentagram - November 8, 2019