Deadline: October 31st, 2017
Payment: $5, royalties, and a contributor’s copy
This annual collection of funny paranormal stories is the press’ flagship series. Your tale must be funny (no depressing endings) and have supernatural/paranormal elements. Examples of stories from previous collections: Homicide is summoned to a halfway house for the undead, a Shriner becomes a weregoat, and a mummy regrets hiring a cheap embalmer.
Story length should be 2000-6000 words. If you sub something of a different length, it better be really funny. The submission window is October 1st – October 31st, 2017. Please do not sub sooner. Publication of SF V will take place in April 2018 (our feet will be held to the fire).
Send your submissions to [email protected] with “Strangely Funny” in the subject line. If we buy your story, you will receive a free print copy of the book and a $5 USD advance on royalties. For further information on royalties and publishing rights, please go to our Guidelines and Payment page.
Via: Mystery and Horror LLC.
- Taking Submissions: Horror Bites Magazine - October 16, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 10/15/2017 - October 15, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Primordial Magazine - October 13, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Tumblr-Twist Anthology - October 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ‘The Razor’s Edge’, ‘Guilds & Glaives’, and ‘Second Round’ - October 11, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Tales from the Lake Volume 5 - October 10, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Strangely Funny V - October 9, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 10/08/2017 - October 8, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: The Society Of Misfit Stories - October 6, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Gothic.net - October 5, 2017