Deadline: November 1st, 2018
Payment: $0.01 / word and a contributor’s copy
- Stories can be 1,000 words to 10,000 words.
- The anthology will be published in ebook and paperback formats.
- We pay upfront $0.01 / word. Authors will receive the e-book and one print copy of the anthology, plus wholesale pricing for additional print copies.
- Previously unpublished submissions strongly preferred.
- We are seeking twelve months of exclusive worldwide print and electronic distribution rights and non-exclusive worldwide print and electronic distribution rights in perpetuity.
- Multiple submissions are fine, but simultaneous submissions are discouraged. Please don’t re-submit a rejected story unless we request revisions.
- We hope to have responded to everyone within one month of the submission window’s closing. Feel free to query if it’s been longer than two months.
- Stories must be double spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman font (or something similar). Do not submit in Courier. The story title, your byline, a word count, and contact information should appear on the first page, and your last name, story title, and page number should appear in the header information of all other pages. We’re not particular about whether you use italics or underlining for emphasis, how many spaces are after the period, or whether you use straight or smart quotes.
- Submissions may be sent to the email address: Submit your stories via email as an attachment in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format. The subject of your email should be SUBMISSION: <story title> by <byline>. The email body should contain a short list of your publishing credits and any pertinent biographical details.
- The submission period begins August 1, 2018, and ends November 1, 2018.
- The story must have a fantasy/speculative element. Science fantasy is ok, but we’re aiming for fantasy rather than straight science fiction. We strongly prefer “clean” noblebright stories. For more on noblebright, please see noblebright.org.
- The story must address the “Steam and Lace” steampunk theme in some way. We’re interested in steampunk settings with clever, heroic characters. In steampunk, magic and steam-powered technology combine in a setting that offers both possibility and danger. Victorian-inspired European settings are most common, but we’re open to stories set in other steampunk settings as well, real or fantastic. The steampunk setting must be apparent in the story, but the story does not have to depend upon the steampunk elements (although it’s fine if it does!).
Via: Spring Song Press.
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation Magazine October 2018 Issue - September 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Tales From The Moonlit Path Halloween 2018 Issue - September 17, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: The No Sleep Podcast - September 17, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 09/16/2018 - September 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Gravely Unusual #2 - September 14, 2018
- Video Refresh: Andy Graham Interview - September 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Colp: Suplex - September 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Ombak Magazine - September 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Pixie Forest Publishing Modern Fantasy Anthology - September 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions Halloween Microfictions (Erotica) - September 12, 2018