Deadline: May 31st, 2019 (From Submittable.)
Payment: 5 cents per word, reprints: 3 cents per word
Note: Reprints allowed
To submit or check the status of a previous submission, click here.
In addition to the guidelines below, please read the submission requirements on our Submittable page prior to uploading your submission.
WHAT WE WANT:
We consider original, unpublished work within the confines of dark fantasy and horror—mystery, suspense, supernatural, morbid humor, fantasy, etc.
WHAT WE DO NOT WANT:
We’re not interested in hard science fiction, epic fantasy (swords and sorcery), splatterporn (blood and guts and little more), or clichéd plots. Clichéd themes are okay. We won’t turn our noses up at the sight of zombies or serial killers or vampires, but there needs to be something that sets it apart from the norm for us to seriously consider it.
No fan fiction.
WHAT WE WILL CONSIDER:
Reprints. Unpublished work will always get first consideration. Any submitted reprint must be out of print and the author must retain all applicable rights. All previous publication information (for the submitted work only) must be disclosed.
All submissions must be sent via our Submissions Manager (see link at the top and bottom of this page). Please use 12pt Times New Roman font, double-spaced lines, and indented paragraphs. Use italics (do not underline for italicized words). Please include your full name, contact info, and word count in the document.
No simultaneous/multiple submissions.
Unless otherwise noted, we’re open from February through May, and August through November.
90 days or less.*
We pay 5 cents a word for original, unpublished fiction, and 3 cents a word for reprints, up to 5,000 words.
For previously unpublished work we claim First North American Serial Rights and First Electronic World Rights (not to include Internet use) for a period of one year. After which all rights revert to the author.
For previously published work we claim Reprint Rights and Exclusive Electronic World Reprint Rights (not to include Internet use) for a period of one year. After which all rights revert to the author.
Full payment/rights details will be provided if we make an offer.
* Response time is estimated, not guaranteed.
Via: Shock Totem.
- Taking Submissions: The temz Review - April 25, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Corvid Queen - April 25, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fiddler’s Green Peculiar Parish Magazine – All Fiction Issue - April 24, 2019
- Taking Submissions: When The Sirens Have Faded - April 24, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Timeworn Literary Journal - April 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Shut Down Strangers & Hot Rod Angels - April 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Retro Horror - April 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fairytale Dragons - April 22, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 04/21/2019 - April 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Recognize Fascism - April 19, 2019