Deadline: February 28th, 2018
Payment: Contributors will share equally fifty percent of the royalties received.
Scheduled for release in late spring of next year and timed for summer reading, this anthology will feature cozy to cozy-noir stories featuring libraries and librarians. Extra points will be shamelessly awarded to writers with personal ties to libraries.
The submission period for this anthology runs from November 1st to February 28th, upon the last stroke of midnight, Pacific Standard Time.
We are looking for stories from 2500 to 5000 words, but will consider stories outside that range, at our discretion. Contributors will share equally fifty percent of the royalties received. We expect between fifteen and twenty stories to be accepted and are aiming at a volume length of around eighty-five thousand words, and around two-hundred and thirty pages—all dependent, obviously, upon the length of the material chosen.
We will accept work previously published, provided it was not published after May of 2017, and that you hold the rights. Simultaneous submissions are fine, with the usual proviso that we should be notified should the work be accepted elsewhere, so that we may withdraw it from consideration.
Submissions and questions may be sent to [email protected].
Via: Dark House Books.
- Taking Submissions: Tales From The Crust: : An Anthology of Pizza Horror - December 11, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 12/10/2017 - December 10, 2017
- Taking Submissions: From A Cat’s Point Of View - December 8, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Shades of Santa - December 8, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Triangulation: Music - December 7, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Shards Anthology (Noblebright, Grimbright, Nobledark, and Other Oddities) - December 6, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Unnerving Novelettes, Novellas, Novels, and Collections - December 5, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sunny Places, Shady People - December 5, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Black Buttons Volume 3 - December 4, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 12/03/2017 - December 3, 2017