Deadline: July 15th, 2019
Payment: $50 plus a percentage of the Kickstarter project profits and a paperback copy of the anthology
Description: For the first time ever, a collection of Sherlock Holmes adventures connected to the Master of the Macabre. Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe will have Holmes working within the work of Edgar Allan Poe. Some possibilities include Holmes solving the mystery of The Tell-Tale Heart or working to save Victorian London from the Masque of the Red Death. We can see Holmes work alongside Poe’s great detective Auguste Dupin. There are many possibilities.
Submission guidelines: A 5,000 – 10,000 word Sherlock Holmes story connected to the work of Edgar Allan Poe. You can play around with the time periods (i.e. put Holmes in the past or connect Poe to Victorian England); however, Holmes must stay traditional (for example, he can’t be married or in love).
Payment: Authors shall receive a payment of $50 plus a percentage of the Kickstarter project profits and a paperback copy of the anthology.
Rights: Authors shall retain rights to their work. We only retain the rights to the story within the publication.
Submission Deadline: July 15, 2019
Kickstarter will run in October 2019 and publication of book will occur in November 2019.
Via: Balanger Books.
- Taking Submissions: Timeworn Literary Journal - April 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Shut Down Strangers & Hot Rod Angels - April 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Retro Horror - April 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Fairytale Dragons - April 22, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 04/21/2019 - April 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Recognize Fascism - April 19, 2019
- Video Refresh: First Draft Blues - April 19, 2019
- The Unholy Trinity: The Old Man - April 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: DreamForge Magazine - April 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume Three - April 18, 2019