Deadline: October 1st, 2019
Payment: Contributor’s Copy
Note: Story must be related to Florida
Saw Palm is a Florida-themed journal; however we welcome writers and artists from across the country and the globe as long as the work is connected to Florida (via images, people, themes, etc.). We also welcome creative works from Floridians that are not obviously about someplace else. Please check out past issues, available for download as free PDFs.
Print journal submissions open July 1, 2019. We accept submissions for Places to Stand year-round.
We are excited to announce our special edition for Issue 14, Florida Noir. Send us fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and essays. We are looking for late nights, last resorts, storm clouds, and seedy neighborhoods. The orange that rots underneath its skin. You can define noir traditionally or interpret it in your own way.
We do not accept written work that has been previously published either online or in print. Simultaneous submissions are fine, but please indicate simultaneous submissions in a brief cover letter and let us know immediately through Submittable if your work has been accepted elsewhere. The cover letter may also include a brief third-person bio.
Send only one submission at a time per genre. If you have a pending submission, please wait for a response before submitting again. We make every effort to respond as quickly as possible while giving each submission the time it deserves. Our average response time is 3-5 months. After 6 months, you’re welcome to follow up with the appropriate editor.
All submissions must be made electronically through our online submissions manager. We do not accept email submissions. Please upload text files in .doc or .docx formats only. Art and comics should be uploaded in .jpeg / .jpg format only. Any paper submissions sent via snail mail will be recycled unread.
For queries or questions not answered here or below, please email [email protected].
Fiction submissions should be no longer than 6,000 words.
We accept up to three works of flash fiction (750 words or less) at a time. Please send all stories in one document
We accept up to five poems per submission period at a maximum of 10 pages. Please send all poems in one document.
Via: Saw Palm.
- Taking Submissions: Cherry Tree - August 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underground Writers Issue #28 - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: A Dysfunctional Family Christmas! - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: What Monsters Do For Love - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation – Spooky & Spinetingling Tales October Issue - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Nightscape Press Charity Collection Line Short Story Collections - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - August 20, 2019
- ‘Ration’ Guest Post – It Starts With A Voice - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019