Deadline: July 30th, 2019
Note: Reprints Only
Pole to Pole Publishing is seeking short, re-print fiction for the Re-Haunt anthology to be published in late 2019. Re-Haunt will join our previous submission calls (now closed) for Re-Launch, Re-Enchant, Re-Quest and Re-Terrify in the Re-Imagined Series of anthologies. Re-Haunt requires dark stories about ghosts and hauntings.
Payment is $10 per story, paid on acceptance (contract must be signed), via PayPal only; plus, one electronic and one print copy of the antho. (If you do not have a PayPal account, please do not submit your work.)
– The non-exclusive right to collect the stories into an anthology, published in 2019 and sold thereafter. Re-Haunt may be included in book bundles with the other books in the series.
– The non-exclusive right to publish the story to the new Pole to Pole Publishing Patreon blog (for patron’s eyes only).
Stories should be 3,000-5,000 words and meet the central theme of the anthology. Reprints currently available on line are not eligible. Preference is for stories that haven’t been published in at least a year. Older reprints will carry more weight than new ones. Author must possess the right to offer the story for submission.
Profane and vulgar language — because we market to both adult and YA readers. If we are interested in your story, we may ask you to edit profane and vulgar language as a condition of publication.
First Person and Present Tense. We’ve published both: when the stories were very, very good. We want to let you know up front that we’re going to reject this most of the time. It’s just not our preference.
Excessive Gore and/or violence. Blood and guts are fine—as long as they’re part of the story and not the story itself.
Sex. See above about marketing to a wider audience.
What We Don’t Want:
No rape, torture, etc. of children. No animal abuse. No stories with characters from a copyrighted world that belongs to someone else. No Poetry. Only one story from each author will be considered.
No tabs. Please format the document with a first line indent.
Curly quotes, please—no straight quotes.
If you’re not sure if your story is suitable, don’t query; just go ahead and submit and let our editors decide.
Deadline: July 30, 2019 or until filled. Be aware that all of our anthologies have filled before the deadline, so please don’t wait until the last minute to submit.
Via: Pole To Pole Publishing.
- Taking Submissions: Gruesome Games - July 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Mythical Girls - July 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2019 - July 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Mortal Realm – New Worlds (Sci-Fi) - July 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trigger Warning - July 15, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 07/14/2019 - July 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tell-Tale Press Short Stories - July 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sci Phi Journal - July 11, 2019
- Open Novel Submissions: Mobius Books - July 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Longevity - July 10, 2019