Deadline: August 31st, 2019
Payment: 5 cents per word
What happens when we make monsters?
What happens when we confront the monsters inside ourselves?
These are the grotesque things that should never have been. These are the beasts that stalk our twisted pasts. These are the ghosts of our own making that haunt our regrets.
They’re the blood on our hands. They’re the obsessions in our heads. They’re the vengeance in our hearts.
These are Miscreations: Gods, Monstrosities & Other Horrors.
Bram Stoker Award-winning editors Doug Murano and Michael Bailey welcome you to submit your best work for consideration in this anthology, which will launch in early 2020. We’ve already announced two of our contributors–Ramsey Campbell and Usman T. Malik–and will be making more announcements in the coming weeks!
Pay: 5c/word U.S.
Length: 2-5,000 words. FIRM.
Reprints? No thanks.
Anything you should avoid? Graphic, gratuitous depictions of child abuse, sexual abuse and animal abuse are generally unwelcome.
Where to send it: [email protected]
Deadline: Aug. 31
Via: Miscreations Facebook.
- Taking Submissions: Gruesome Games - July 17, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Mythical Girls - July 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2019 - July 16, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Mortal Realm – New Worlds (Sci-Fi) - July 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trigger Warning - July 15, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 07/14/2019 - July 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tell-Tale Press Short Stories - July 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sci Phi Journal - July 11, 2019
- Open Novel Submissions: Mobius Books - July 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Longevity - July 10, 2019