Deadline: May 1st, 2018
Payment: 2 cents per word up to 8K words
Note: Reprints Accepted
We are always looking for dark fiction so please feel free to submit to our projects! Below are all the projects that are in open submission periods. We are taking multiple submissions for each project. Please double check the guidelines before sending us your work. If you are looking for payment compensation, then make sure you are submitting to a project that offers payment. Each project is different and offers different compensation, so again please make sure you know what you’re submitting to. Below is an outline of our general guidelines.
What we like:
Supernatural horror (monsters, ghosts, witchcraft, ect.)
Neo-noire (murder, conspiracy, mystery)
Urban settings (not a must, but it catches our attention)
Speculative Fiction (dark dystopian themes)
What we aren’t looking for: If your story utilizes any of these tropes then we can’t publish it no matter how good it is! It’s not that we hate these themes, it’s just not what we’re looking to publish!
No Cthulhu Mythos
Midnight Hour Volume 1 & 2
Strange things happen when the clock strikes twelve…
Our flagship anthology is now open for submissions. These books will be available on kindle, hardcover, paperback, and audiobook format. The title page of each story will be illustrated. We are looking for horror, dark sci-fi, dark speculative fiction, neo-noire, and cyberpunk themes. Please read the general submissions for more details.
Below is a little more about the project.
Word Count : 1500-8000 words. This is not a hard word count. If you think you have a story that fits what we’re looking for, but is a little long or a little short, send it our way.
Payment: We are offering 2 cents per word up to 8K words. You are free to send us longer stories, but we cap payments at $160 per story for this project.
Rights: We are not asking for ownership of your story. Just the right to print it.
Reprints: Yes, we accept reprints. Beggars can’t be choosers and we understand we’re a fledgling brand. If your work appears elsewhere, please make sure you double check with the other publication to make sure your story is eligible to print.
Deadline: May 1st
Send submissions to: Submit
Via: Midnight Hour Media.
- Taking Submissions: Silver Needle Press Fall 2018 Journal - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, And Detectives - April 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sword & Sorceress 33 - April 23, 2018
- 5 Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - April 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018