Deadline: April 30th, 2017
Topic: Last Shot Fired
Imagine a war going so long that every last resource has been used up in the fight for survival, or a world that has taken extreme measures to end warfare and violence. In this anthology we want to explore what the idea “Last Shot Fired” means to you.
This could be about a spouse that has finally reached their breaking point and said that one thing that cascades the relationship into total chaos, or being against the wall against overwhelming odds with almost no resources or backup, what imagery is brought to your mind by this phrase?
We are looking for a wide variety of stories from almost every genre.
Limitations: Keep it PG-13. Not too much gore, nothing sexually explicit, and keep the cursing down.
Word count: 2,000-6,000 words
Due Date: 30 April, 2017
Payment: We will pay $10 for each story that is accepted, send you a free ebook copy, and you will receive a 40% discount code for paperbacks which you can sell at full price. You will also be invited to a private forum just for anthology members.
Contract Details: We are asking for Exclusive (for 6 months from publication) First Anthology Rights.
Formatting: Use a standard font (Times New Roman, Courier new), 12 point, double spaced. Indent the first line of each paragraph WITHOUT using tabs.
You will be expected to work with our editor to polish your story.
About the Author: Please include a short biography (1-2 paragraphs) about the author at the end of your story (after the words THE END). This biography will be used in the anthology if your story is accepted.
How to submit:
Email your story as a .doc or .docx to [email protected]. You WILL receive conformation of receipt within seven days.
- Taking Submissions: Augur Preview Issue - April 28, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Audient Void: A Journal of Weird Fiction #4 - April 27, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Misbehaving Dead - April 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Welcome to Miskatonic University - April 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Beauty of Death 2 – Death By Water - April 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome: Horrors of War – Disposable Heroes - April 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 04/23/2017 - April 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: A Midas Clutch: Tales of Opulent Horror - April 21, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Likely Red - April 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec August Issue 2017 - April 19, 2017