Dealine: April 1st, 2018
Payment: 6 cents per word
Open for Submissions: Jan 1 – Apr 1 2018
Expected Publication: Late 2018
Story Length: 1500 – 5000 words
Payment: .06 / word ( SFWA professional rates )
We’re looking for works of short speculative fiction that consider the future of the internet, artificial intelligence, the mind, and robots. Give us your optimistic, fantastic, bittersweet stories of fantasy and science fiction.
Please, no YA dystopian, robots will destroy the world, high fantasy tropes. Take a more original and nuanced view on the subject.
No multiple submissions. No simultaneous submissions. No reprints.
Submission Method: Send a brief cover letter in the body of an email with the story name, approximate word count, and author contact info. Attach your piece to the email in Rich Text ( .rtf ) format. Send all submissions to paperdogbooks [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com .
We try to respond to all submissions within 60 days. If you have not heard a response from us in that time please send a query.
Via: Paper Dog Books.
- Taking Submissions: TBA Scifi Asexual Romance - February 16, 2018
- WIHM: The First Chapter Of ‘Purgatech: Jess’ Horror’ - February 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – April 2018 - February 15, 2018
- WIHM: Unzip Your Darkness - February 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Midnight Hour Volume 1 And 2 - February 14, 2018
- WIHM: But I AM a nice girl. - February 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Lit Mag - February 13, 2018
- WIHM: How To Horror - February 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The First Line – Summer 2018 - February 12, 2018
- WIHM: Horror’s Where My Heart’s At - February 12, 2018