Deadline: March 31st, 2020
Theme: Horror stories set in Hawaii
Note: Reprints Welcome
An anthology dedicated to the unique horrors of Hawaii. We want readers to experience the darkest, scariest, weirdest, most terrifying elements Hawaii has to offer! We’re seeking short horror stories between 500 – 7500 words. Stories must be horror, and they must be reliant on Hawaii somehow. The “how” is entirely up to you! Originals preferred, but reprints will be considered.
Submission Deadline: March 31st or until filled. The anthology target is 50 stories. There is no limit on the number of submissions per author, but we reserve the right to limit the number of accepted stories per author.
As payment, authors will receive royalties divided by word count.
First and foremost, all submissions must be horror.
However, we recognize that horror is a very broad and nuanced genre. To that end, we’ll read stories that fit into other genres (thriller, family drama, coming of age, science fiction, fantasy, comedy, romance, et cetera) as long as the story contains horror, and as long as horror is integral to the narrative.
ALL submissions MUST meet the following requirements (documents that do not meet these guidelines will be returned to authors for correction):
1. 12-point Times New Roman font ONLY (no other fonts, please)
2. Use “SMART QUOTES”
3. Submit all documents as an attachment in .doc, .docx, or .pages format
Submit via email to [email protected]
In the body of the email, include your name and contact information.
Unpublished stories are given preference, but we consider reprints on a case by case basis, as long as all rights have reverted to the author.
If your previously unpublished piece is accepted for publication in an anthology, we take First Print and Electronic Publishing Rights, with exclusivity for twelve months from the date of publication.
If we accept your reprint for publication in an anthology, we take nonexclusive reprint rights.
A copy of our publishing contract is available upon request.
Via: Soteira Press.
- Taking Submissions: Rigor Morbid 2 - February 24, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Future Tense: Love - February 24, 2020
- WIHM: Brene Brown and Monsters: Finding Connection in Horror - February 23, 2020
- WIHM: Lizzie Borden – Misunderstood Orphan Or Criminal Mastermind? - February 22, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Horror USA: Nevada - February 21, 2020
- Ongoing Submissions: Cosmic Horror Monthly - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Corners of the World - February 20, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Disturbia - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction – April 2020 Themes - February 19, 2020
- Taking Submissions: Historic Fantasy - February 18, 2020