Deadline: January 15th, 2019
Payment: One contributor copy, plus $10 for writers based in USA. To help towards shipping costs, international writers receive one copy.
unpredictable, fearless, glistening, innovative… GREAT
great weather for MEDIA seeks poetry, flash fiction, short stories, dramatic monologues, and creative nonfiction for our annual print anthology.
- Submissions are open from October 15th through January 15th every year. Need a reminder? Sign up to our monthly newsletter.
- Our focus is on the edgy, fearless, and experimental but we do not have a set theme for our anthologies. We highly recommend reading one of our previous collections to get a feel for the type of work we are interested in. Our latest anthology is Suitcase of Chrysanthemums. We are based in New York City and welcome submissions from both national and international writers.
- 1-4 poems of any length. If you are submitting more than one poem, include them all in a single document. Do not submit multiple poems in separate files. Single-spaced please, or how it should appear on the printed page. Start each poem on a new page.
- 1 prose/creative nonfiction piece, 2 if under 500 words. Maximum word count: 2,500. Prose should be in English.
- Multiple submissions (in the same genre) are not accepted and will not be read. Please wait until you receive a response from us before submitting again.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine – just notify us with your good news immediately. If you wish to withdraw part of your submission, please log in to your Submittable account to add a note to your submission activity and list the title no longer available for consideration. If you wish to withdraw your entire submission, log in and update your Submittable account – instructions here.
- Please don’t send revisions. You can always add a note to your submissions if there is something you need to let us know about.
- Payment: One contributor copy, plus $10 for writers based in USA. To help towards shipping costs, international writers receive one copy.
- We aim to respond in 1-4 months. If you have not heard from us after four months, please email [email protected]
- Copyright: great weather for MEDIA holds first serial rights for material that we publish. The copyright automatically reverts to the author upon publication. All work may be permanently archived online. We ask that great weather for MEDIA be acknowledged in any subsequent publication of the work.
- We look forward to reading your work!
- Finally, please take a look at our books. Small presses love readers and all support is much appreciated!
Via: Great Weather For Media.
- Taking Submissions: Contrary Spring 2019 Issue - December 14, 2018
- Video Refresh: The Waiting Game - December 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Great Weather For Media - December 13, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: The Master’s Review - December 13, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Blood Bath Literary Zine Issue 2: DEMONS - December 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: AGNI Online - December 12, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Penny Fiction 2019 - December 11, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Future Science Fiction Digest - December 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Literary Hatchet - December 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Monsters Out of the Closet Episode 18 – Gothic - December 10, 2018