Deadline: December 15th, 2018
Payment: $25 and a contributor’s copy
This is the third installment of the indie anthology, Dark Passages.
Theme: Based on the following synopsis:
A stranger carries a bag into Washington, DC, and within minutes of his arrival, unleashes hell on earth. As if pulling a sock inside out, America’s capital becomes the home of every imaginable monster that resides in the bowels of hell. We will look at stories that are set only in this backdrop.
Writers making submissions are encouraged to use their imagination. Entering Death City is entering the bowels of hell on earth and all stories must take place during or in the aftermath of the above synopsis. We want original fiction. Not another vampire or zombie tale. We don’t want a clone of Richard Matheson’s, I AM LEGEND, or a THE WALKING DEAD reboot. We want dystopian with originality.
Maybe a rescue mission from the outside?
What happened to Air Force One when it all broke loose?
Who rules Death City? (Formerly Washington DC)
What creatures lurk in the many districts?
What about someone caught behind the lines, trying to get out?
Give us your best. School us in the art of demonology and rapture. Or bring something new and delicious to the table.
- Taking Submissions: Arsenika – Winter 2018 Issue - November 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: Theme Park - November 20, 2018
- Holy Stock Photo Black Friday Deal! - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction January 2019 - November 19, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 11/18/2018 - November 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bennington Review - November 16, 2018
- Video Refresh: The Crossroads - November 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Oklahoma Pagan Quarterly Spring 2019 - November 15, 2018
- Death’s Head Press Is Open To Novels, Novellas, And Collections! - November 15, 2018