Deadline: December 31st, 2018
Payment: £75 and a contributor’s copy.
For our inaugural anthology, Curse the Darkness*, we’re throwing our doors wide open and inviting submissions on the theme of darkness. That could be the absence of light, the presence of evil, or the sinister thoughts of the afflicted. However you choose to interpret the theme, just make sure you leave us afraid to turn out the lights.
We’re looking for stories with compelling characters, sparkling dialogue, and strong, original voices. Send us stories that step off the well-trod paths into the unlit wilderness of the unusual, the interesting, and the provocative.
Please review our submission guidelines below before submitting your story via the submission form.
Word Count 3,000 to 10,000 words.
Deadline 31 December 2018.
Payment Accepted authors will receive a one-off payment of £75 (approximately $100) or the equivalent in their local currency.
Format We accept .doc, .docx, .rtf or .odt.
Multiple submissions No, send us one great story.
Simultaneous submissions Yes, but please let us know as soon as possible if your submission is accepted elsewhere.
Previously published No, we want original unpublished stories only.
Formatting Double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12pt, with a single space after periods.
Rights Unlit Press will have first world rights for an exclusive period of 12 months from the date of publication. At the end of the exclusive term, rights will revert back to the original author with Unlit Press retaining world distribution rights for the format(s) originally contracted.
Contributor copies Contributors will receive one free print copy of the anthology.
You can submit your work here: Unlit Press.
- Taking Submissions: Arsenika – Winter 2018 Issue - November 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Thuggish Itch: Theme Park - November 20, 2018
- Holy Stock Photo Black Friday Deal! - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - November 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Every Day Fiction January 2019 - November 19, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 11/18/2018 - November 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Bennington Review - November 16, 2018
- Video Refresh: The Crossroads - November 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Oklahoma Pagan Quarterly Spring 2019 - November 15, 2018
- Death’s Head Press Is Open To Novels, Novellas, And Collections! - November 15, 2018