Deadline: August 31st, 2019
Payment: Fiction: $0.02/word, $0.01/word after 500 words. Poetry: $0.50/line, $0.25/line after 20 lines.
CROSS+DECAY is an independent art and literary magazine, connecting creators through dark and eerie themes. This magazine is edited and curated by CRUCIFIXVI.
Cross + Decay is now accepting work for Issue 2: Witches. The deadline for submissions is August 31 2019.
Submission Guidelines: Cross+Decay is a literary and art magazine, welcoming poetry, prose, and artwork. The work must adhere to the issue’s theme, but it is up to the interpretation of the creator to decide what work best fits that theme and would be most relevant.
Prose can be fiction or non-fiction, 500-1000 words (maximum 1000). Prose must be clearly formatted, and fully edited, including spell-checking and proper grammar. Previously published work is welcome, as long as rights have reverted back to the writer. Work exceeding 1000 words will automatically be rejected.
Visual art can be of any medium, including photography and photographs of three-dimensional work. Work must be attached as .jpegs. Artists can submit their work with watermarks or as lower quality files, but the images must represent what the work would look like in print, and must be able to be sent as a high quality .jpeg if accepted (300 dpi, and at least 2000 pixels square).
Creators are welcome to submit multiple works, but they must all be submitted at the same time, and within the same email.
Payment: Accepted creators will be paid for their work.
Prose- $0.02/word, $0.01/word after 500 words.
Poetry- $0.50/line, $0.25/line after 20 lines.
Artwork- $15/selected digital file.
All creators will continue to have full rights to their work.
Please email submissions to [email protected], with full name, a short bio, and information relevant to understanding the work (if needed). If you have any further questions, please send an email to the above address.
Submissions close August 31 2019 at 11:59 PM MST. Late submissions are automatically rejected.
- Taking Submissions: Cherry Tree - August 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Underground Writers Issue #28 - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: A Dysfunctional Family Christmas! - August 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: What Monsters Do For Love - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation – Spooky & Spinetingling Tales October Issue - August 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Nightscape Press Charity Collection Line Short Story Collections - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Speculative City - August 20, 2019
- ‘Ration’ Guest Post – It Starts With A Voice - August 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Death and Butterflies - August 19, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 08/18/2019 - August 18, 2019