Taking Submissions: Corners of the World
Deadline: October 30th, 2020
Theme: Mezo-American/Latinx Authors and Stories
Note: Reprints welcome
In ‘Corners of the World’ collections we showcase writers and authors from all around the world, each collection focuses on a different subset of people from different cultures. Giving their unique voices and stories a chance to shine. For these collections, we want to bring the folk stories and societies to life in stark horror through the eyes of those who inhabit them.
Theme – Mezo-American/Latinx Authors and Stories
This year we are looking for Latinx and Mezo-American authors to submit stories that pertain to the legends, folklore, culture, and fears that exist within and surround the cultures of Central and South America, as well as those that have emigrated to North America bringing their stories with them. We HIGHLY recommend you pick up a copy of “Of The Book” our last volume. We are more interested in the authenticity of voice than the fear factor.
Please note in your cover letter if you have your story in English & Spanish, only in Spanish or only in English.
Currently Open – Will Close When We Have Enough Stories
- Violence, sex, and gore must be pertinent and interesting to the story.
- Rape is never acceptable.
- Anything too gratuitous will be rejected.
- Racism/Sexism/Bigotry of any form will never be accepted here.
- Double-check your grammar and spelling.
- Format your story correctly.
- Please submit all stories in DOC/RTF format.
- Reprints are ok.
- Please include a small bio that includes your own connection to the Latin-American people or culture.
- We retain exclusive publishing rights for 12 months.
- We pay $5.00 for stories
- Deadline is 10.30.20 –
- We give this a long submission time due to the narrow nature of our search. Once we have all the stories we need we close submissions.
Via: Madness Heart Press.