Taking Submissions: Chiral Mad 5
Deadline: December 31st, 2020
Payment: $0.06/word, contributors copy
Theme: The End Is the Beginning / The Beginning Is the End
Note: Only open to underrepresented demographics (POC, LGBTQIA+, female)
My voice needs to be heard. How can I submit?
If you are not part of an underrepresented demographic (POC, LGBTQIA+, female), please do not submit at this time, but feel free to send recommendations; otherwise, if you feel your voice needs to be heard, send your submission to [email protected] (or just click the email link, but read the next part before doing so). There are no formatting guidelines other than file type: .doc, .dotx, .rtx, or plain text. The words are what matter.
What can I submit?
- Fiction (5,000 words or fewer recommended, payment capped at 5K), only one submission at a time. If you receive a rejection, feel free to submit again, immediately. No reprints.
- Poetry (50 lines or fewer, payment capped at 50 lines), up to 5 poems at a time. If you receive a rejection, feel free to submit up to 5 more, immediately. No reprints.
- Artwork (9.25 height x 6.25 width, 300 DPI, black-and-white), .jpg preferred for initial consideration.
- Fiction – $0.06 per word, US, capped at 5,000 words
- Poetry – $1 per line, US, capped at 50 lines
- Artwork – exposure only, unless contracted individually
- Contributor copies of all editions
- December 31st, 2020 (end of the year, basically)
A publishing contract will be made available for all accepted work, to be signed by both parties prior to publication. Here’s what you can expect:
- Written Backwards requests first worldwide print rights
- Rights revert back to the creator immediately upon publication
- You’re allowing your work to be published in this anthology for as long as there is a need for the anthology, but you get your rights back the moment it goes to print
- Simultaneous publication in deluxe hardback (exclusive to this campaign), trade hardback, trade paperback, and eBook
Via: Chiral Mad 5’s Indiegogo.