Deadline: March 1st, 2018
Payment: ½ cent per word for original works, $10 for reprints, and a contributor’s copy
Note: Reprints Allowed
Edited by Howard Rachen
Deadline: March 1st, 2018
The curse is as old as folklore itself. They are the malediction of gods and witches, protections of the pharoh’s tombs, the warnings for would-be thieves. Before the days of Hollywood, the werewolf was the victim of a curse. Today they linger with sports teams and in the theatre.
Armoured Fox Press is looking for all manner of horror stories related to curses. Bloodlines with a black mark, tainted objects, locations under a hex, and anything else cleverly twisted into a curse. Be creative, don’t just send us yet another unlucky penny, but something new that makes us hesitate to step on a crack or ignore that warning.
We will NOT accept:
Racism, sexism, or discrimination presented in a positive light.
Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18.
Rape, torture, dubious consent, forced seduction.
If you are in doubt, ASK. Better to ask then to get a straight up rejection!
And remember, this is a non-erotic anthology, so please, no sex on screen. (this line can be changed)
Furry (as this is not a furry anthology)
Length: Max 7,500 words. .
Payment: ½ cent per word for original works, $10 for reprints. Authors will receive a contributor copy.
No simultaneous submissions please (Don’t also send your story elsewhere at the same time), and no more than one submission.
Original stories and reprints welcome. (see Payment)
We purchase exclusive publication rights in print and electronic formats for the period of one year from date of publication for the stories and non-exclusive rights in perpetuity thereafter. Submissions must not contain any copyrighted characters which the author does not hold the copyright on. Reprints will not be subject to this. Please state when you submit if the story is a reprint or not. Having the story posted online counts as ‘published’ and will be treated as a reprint.
Response time: Please expect responses within six weeks of the deadline, but please do not query until eight weeks have passed at the request of the editor.
Via: Good Reads.
- Trembling With Fear 01/21/2018 - January 21, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Lost Souls and Robots & Artificial Intelligence - January 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Internet is Where the Robots Live Now Anthology - January 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nefariam: The Element of Crime - January 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: She’s Lost Control - January 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: City In The Ice - January 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nightscript Volume 4 - January 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec May Issue 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deciduous Tales - January 15, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 01/14/2018 - January 14, 2018