Deadline: March 31st, 2019
Payment: Contributor’s Copy
Swinging Dick’s Saloon, the kind of dive that has way better beers on tap than a hole in the wall like it should have.
It’s the kind of place that doesn’t have to say it’s a dive bar because everyone knows just by looking at the place. Also, any bar that advertises itself as a dive bar is not a dive bar.
It’s the kind of place where the owner (Dick though he tells people to call him, Richard) is often the drunkest guy in the place, though sometimes he drinks in the bar down the street because the barmaids are hotter.
It’s the kind of place where the barmaids wear skimpy outfits even when they shouldn’t.
It’s the kind of place where the bartender never remembers what your drink of choice is but he believes he does.
They have live bands on the weekends and occasionally they’re even good.
It’s the kind of place where great stories are told. All kinds of stories – Crime, sci-fi, horror, often with a distinct grindhouse feel and a dark sense of humor.
You can’t tell such a story at Dick’s over a few cold ones, because Swinging Dick’s Saloon doesn’t actually exist. However, you can send them us and if we like them we’ll publish them in an awesome bit of pulp fiction called A Night at Swinging Dick’s Saloon.
That’s right, send us your best story about Dicks (the saloon, not actual dicks). Send it to [email protected]
Stories need some connection to Swinging Dicks Saloon and need to be in a Swinging Dicks approved genre (Crime, sci-fi, horror, often with a distinct grindhouse feel and a dark sense of humor). The length can be anywhere between 1k and 8k.
Cursing and violence are encouraged.
Time is short – Submissions are closed at the end of March
While we would like to offer everyone tons of money for this first venture into the world of anthologies we are offering no money. As for now, everyone gets a contributors copy. I’m trying to figure out a profit-sharing system that will not require hiring an accountant (which will ensure there are no profits) but so far I haven’y and don’t want to make any promises I can’t keep. If this is unacceptable, don’t submit, there will be no hard feelings on my end,
Any questions? Just ask.
Still not sure what we’re looking for? Read our books you can find links to all of them here
Via: 10th Rule Books.
- Ongoing Submissions: Dark Moments - March 22, 2019
- Video Refresh: Story Worms Writing What You Know - March 22, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Translunar Travelers Lounge - March 21, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Rock and a Hard Place Magazine - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume One (Poetry) - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Dying Earth - March 18, 2019