Payment: $5 for flash fiction, $10 for short stories, Reprints pay at half price.
Note: Reprints Allowed!
Thank you for choosing Uprising Review for your piece! All of our story and formatting guidelines can be found below. Submissions that don’t adhere to word length and formatting guidelines will be rejected, unread, from our queue. Keep that in mind while submitting. Above all, we never want you to be afraid to push the envelope with your writing!
We accept flash fiction and short stories of any genre. This included fantasy, science fiction, horror, romance, literary, steampunk, political, and anything else under the sun. We do accept pieces that include profanity, sex, and violence when it is used with purpose and care. Often times these elements are used for shock value. While this is a valid use of those elements, there must be a reason beyond shock.
- – flash fiction under 1,500 words of any genre will be considered
- – short stories under 3,000 words will also be considered
We do not accept erotica. There are many markets for erotic stories but we are not one of them. We will not accept serials or chapters of novels or novellas. We want to provide our audience with full, complete stories with each read.
While we have limited resources, we think it’s important that authors are paid for their work. We pay writers $5 for flash fiction pieces and $10 for short stories. We do accept stories under 500 words, however we will only pay for flash fiction that is over 500 words. After we approve a story, we ask for exclusive rights for 6 months after the date of publication and anthology rights for one year. The writer maintains full ownership of their work and is free to publish their story elsewhere at the end of the 6 months.
Uprising Review focuses on blind submissions. This means we read your work before we read your cover letter. Your gender, race, and sexuality do not determine your strengths as a writer. Please remove any indication of your name, or pen name, from the file (title and document) before sending it to us. If your name or pen name are included, your work will be rejected unread.
Please send us only one story at a time and wait four weeks before sending us another, after a rejection or acceptance letter.
We welcome you to submit your story to other markets. If you chose to do this and your story is accepted elsewhere, please alert us as soon as possible.
Formatting for submissions:
- – 12pt Times New Roman (or comparable) font
- – double spaced
- – include a page and word count in the header
- – accepted file formats: .rtf .doc .docx .od
We will try to respond to your submissions as quickly as we can but we are all very busy people. If you have not received a rejection or acceptance letter from us within four weeks, please email us at [email protected] with the subject header “Submission Query.” We will do our best to respond from there.
Email Submissions To:
Via: Uprising Review.
- Ongoing Submissions: Reckoning Magazine - April 26, 2018
- The Importance Of The Author Homepage - April 26, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Nature’s ‘Futures’ - April 25, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 5. Wet Ash - April 25, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Alfred Hitchcock’s Mystery Magazine - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Silver Needle Press Fall 2018 Journal - April 24, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, And Detectives - April 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sword & Sorceress 33 - April 23, 2018
- 5 Ongoing Spots To Submit Children’s Short Stories! - April 23, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018