Payment: $0.03/word for the first 1,000 words (payment caps at $30 USD)
- We are Closed. We plan to publish a new issue in June. We plan to reopen in 2017
- We love mind benders and stories that make you think
- We pay $0.03/word for the first 1,000 words (payment caps at $30 USD)
- We generally prefer less than 2,000 words
- Paypal is preferred, but we mail postal orders too
- To Submit: Register, and use the online submission form
- Submit up to three stories at once
- If you have any problems submitting please email me at [email protected] (please include as much information about the bug as possible, and use a good subject line in your email).
- Click here for our story categories.
- Click here for stories we don’t want.
- We don’t accept artwork, erotica, or poetry.
- We require an email address and name with each story
- REPRINTS — We will accept reprints. Please note where it was published before at the top of the story submission
- NO SIMULTANEOUS SUBMISSIONS. If you submitted your story to another market, give them time to reject or accept it before submitting it to Untied Shoelaces of the Mind. If you submit a story to us, please don’t submit it to any other markets until we’ve rejected it or accepted it.
- If you haven’t heard from us within two weeks, please query to [email protected] (use a good subject line).
Categories (or Genre)
All stories must possess conflict, a beginning, a middle, and an ending. Solid plot twist(s) are nice in short fiction as well. Stories that are a mix of categories are welcome. Romance with a thick vein of sarcastic humor, or a nice horror piece laden with slapstick humor, will both be welcomed.
Science Fiction / Fantasy
- Trembling With Fear 04/22/2018 - April 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dread: A Furry Horror Mag - April 20, 2018
- Guest Post: Writing Horror - April 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Slice #24: Time - April 19, 2018
- Eraserhead Press & Deadite Press Are Open To Novels And Novellas - April 19, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Working Zealot’s Guide to Gaining Capital in Pre-Apocalyptic America - April 18, 2018
- Serial Killers: It’s Always Easier In The Dark Part 4. The brother who was a Father - April 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Deductions, Delinquents, and Detectives - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: In The Air - April 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Knucklehead Noir - April 16, 2018