NOTE: This publication has raised their rates from a previous .01/word
We want stories that are well written, intelligent, and enjoyable to read. We are looking for stories with metaphors and emotional ambience and imaginative descriptive writing.
Unfit Magazine is looking for Science Fiction, Quantum Fiction, Cyberpunk, Fantasy and Steampunk at this time.
After you finish the submission form, we will contact you if we’re interested in publishing your material. Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond unless a story is accepted for publication. If you have not heard from us in thirty days, assume your work didn’t fit with what we needed at the time.
For best results, send your story to as many publications as possible. Just remember, “Simultaneous submissions are your friend.”
We wish you the best in your endeavours as an author.
The Boss (and a few other clowns)
Fiction: 500 to 3,000 words
Pay: We pay $.03/word. Payments are only made to your PayPal account. We only pay for what appears in print, not for online publication.
Terms: We don’t charge for submissions. Reprints are welcome. Simultaneous submissions are most certainly welcome. Multiple submissions are not welcome. (If you don’t hear anything, wait 30 days before trying again. Thanks!)
Rights: We are looking for one time non-exclusive rights.
Via: Longshoit Island.
- Ongoing Submissions: Mortal Realm – New Worlds (Sci-Fi) - July 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trigger Warning - July 15, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 07/14/2019 - July 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Tell-Tale Press Short Stories - July 12, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sci Phi Journal - July 11, 2019
- Open Novel Submissions: Mobius Books - July 11, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Longevity - July 10, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Story Seed Vault - July 10, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Deep Magic E-Zine - July 9, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Diabolical Plots - July 9, 2019