NOTE: This publication has raised their rates from a previous .01/word
We want stories that are well written, intelligent, and enjoyable to read. We are looking for stories with metaphors and emotional ambience and imaginative descriptive writing.
Unfit Magazine is looking for Science Fiction, Quantum Fiction, Cyberpunk, Fantasy and Steampunk at this time.
After you finish the submission form, we will contact you if we’re interested in publishing your material. Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond unless a story is accepted for publication. If you have not heard from us in thirty days, assume your work didn’t fit with what we needed at the time.
For best results, send your story to as many publications as possible. Just remember, “Simultaneous submissions are your friend.”
We wish you the best in your endeavours as an author.
The Boss (and a few other clowns)
Fiction: 500 to 3,000 words
Pay: We pay $.03/word. Payments are only made to your PayPal account. We only pay for what appears in print, not for online publication.
Terms: We don’t charge for submissions. Reprints are welcome. Simultaneous submissions are most certainly welcome. Multiple submissions are not welcome. (If you don’t hear anything, wait 30 days before trying again. Thanks!)
Rights: We are looking for one time non-exclusive rights.
Via: Longshoit Island.
- Taking Submissions: Translunar Travelers Lounge - March 21, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Rock and a Hard Place Magazine - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Organic Ink: Volume One (Poetry) - March 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Journal of Compressed Creative Arts - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Bumper Book of British Bizarro! - March 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Chew on This! - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of Edgar Allan Poe - March 19, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Dying Earth - March 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions: SINCERELY, S.O.V. - March 18, 2019
- Taking Submissions:: Switchblade: Tech Noir - March 18, 2019