CLOSED: The Future Visions Anthologies
Payment: Royalties with a guaranteed minimum payment of $100.
The Future Visions Anthologies is a science fiction anthology series, aiming to deliver excellent and diverse short story collections on a quarterly basis. In the tradition of great television anthology series such as The Twilight Zone, and Black Mirror, the Future Visions Anthologies will broadly explore all genres and traditions of science fiction and speculative fiction, seeking in each story to explore deeply themes that are relevant to a modern audience.
What do you hope the future will bring? What are you afraid we may become? How do our visions of the future inform and give shape to the hopes and fears that we have today?
These questions are what defines anthology series like The Twilight Zone and Black Mirror. Rather than mandating a theme for each publication, (one publication for cyborgs, one for time travelers, etc…) I want authors to feel free to explore these larger questions using any and all of the popular science fiction tropes: new technology, exploration, nightmarish dystopians, alien species, baffling utopias, the list goes on…
The Future Visions Anthologies seeks to bring diversity to all aspects of their publications, from the stories and authors we publish, to the themes and genres we explore. All authors may apply regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or political affiliation.
The Future Visions Anthologies seeks to engage authors with fair and equitable terms through participation in the anthologies. The anthologies will be enrolled in Kindle Unlimited for an initial six-month term, during which stories will be exclusive to the anthology. After this, anthologies will continue be available as an ebook (not in KU) for an additional six-month term. During this term, partial publication rights will return to the author to publish as an ebook, except for in KU. After one year, the ebook will be unpublished, returning all rights to the author.
Payment will be based on a profit-share model with a guaranteed minimum payment of $100. Authors will receive royalties during the first six months of membership. At the end of the royalty period, if the author’s royalties do not meet the minimum payment of $100 then the remaining amount will be paid. There is no cap to the amount of royalties that may be earned. Earning reports for the anthology will be provided to all participating authors to ensure complete transparency. Specific terms will be available after initial acceptance of the author’s story.
- Authors must read and be in agreement with the above before submitting.
- There is no fee to submit.
- Submissions must be original, never before published works.
- No multiple submissions (i.e., more than one story at a time from the same author). You may submit new material after you have heard back about the previous submission.
- No simultaneous submissions (i.e., submitting to Future Visions and one or more other markets at the same time).
- Submissions may be set in a larger universe, but should be a complete story; do not send excerpts, parts, or volumes.
- Word Count is 2k-10k words (exceptions for up to one story per anthology can be made).
- Submissions should be written to the best of the author’s ability. Professional editing is not required but may help in the consideration of your piece. Camton House Publishing will provide professional editing and proofreading, approved by the author, and a final, edited version will be submitted to the author upon publication.
- Adult language and sexual situations are permitted, but no hate speech, erotica or “X-rated” material.
- Formatting: 12pt Times New Roman font with 1.5-line spacing; 1-inch margins on all sides; no extra spaces between paragraphs; leading indentations, but no tabs.
- Include “Future Visions Short Story Submission” in the header and the following information in the body of the email:
- Author Name
- Story Title
- Word Count
- Brief Bio, written in the third person. 100-300 words.
- Submissions should be submitted in docx format as an attachment.
- Submissions should be emailed to [email protected]
Submissions that do not follow the above guidelines will not be considered.
Submissions are always open. Authors who have submitted will be notified within 4-6 weeks of submission regarding whether their story has been selected.
Via: Future Visions.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!