Payment: SFWA approves though rate isn’t specified.
Futures is the award-winning science-fiction section of Nature and it accepts unsolicited articles. Each Futures piece should be an entirely fictional, self-contained story of around 850–950 words in length, and the genre should, broadly speaking, be ‘hard’ (that is, ‘scientific’) SF rather than, say, outright fantasy, slipstream or horror. Each item should be sent as a Word document attachment to [email protected], including full contact details and a 30-word autobiographical note to be appended to the story if published.
We ask contributors not to send presubmission enquiries but to send the whole story. Unsolicited artwork is not considered. Before submitting, prospective authors are advised to read earlier Futures stories at nature.com/futures; selected examples are also available here. More detailed guidelines can be found at http://blogs.nature.com/futureconditional/2015/04/19/how-to-write-for-nature-futures/.
- Taking Submissions: Consequence Magazine - June 26, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Conversation August Issue - June 26, 2019
- The Deposit Photo Sale Has Returned! - June 25, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Trouble Among The Stars #3 - June 25, 2019
- Taking Submissions: What If? Volume 1 - June 25, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Colp: Solitude - June 24, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Stuff of Nightmares! - June 24, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 06/23/2019 - June 23, 2019
- Taking Submissions: The Other Stories Vol 43. Cosmic Horror - June 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Truancy #6 and #7 - June 21, 2019