Payment: SFWA approves though rate isn’t specified.
Futures is the award-winning science-fiction section of Nature and it accepts unsolicited articles. Each Futures piece should be an entirely fictional, self-contained story of around 850–950 words in length, and the genre should, broadly speaking, be ‘hard’ (that is, ‘scientific’) SF rather than, say, outright fantasy, slipstream or horror. Each item should be sent as a Word document attachment to [email protected], including full contact details and a 30-word autobiographical note to be appended to the story if published.
We ask contributors not to send presubmission enquiries but to send the whole story. Unsolicited artwork is not considered. Before submitting, prospective authors are advised to read earlier Futures stories at nature.com/futures; selected examples are also available here. More detailed guidelines can be found at http://blogs.nature.com/futureconditional/2015/04/19/how-to-write-for-nature-futures/.
- Taking Submissions: The Children of Clark Ashton Smith - May 25, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Asimov’s Science Fiction - May 24, 2018
- Ongoing Submissions: Little Blue Marble - May 23, 2018
- Video Refresh: The Importance Of The Author Bio - May 23, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sanitarium Magazine - May 22, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Beyond Steampunk: Fake News - May 21, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 05/20/2018 - May 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Colors in Darkness: A Deadly Bargain - May 18, 2018
- Guest Post: By No Means an Expert - May 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Blood Bath Litzine issue 1: Bodies - May 17, 2018