Payment: SFWA approves though rate isn’t specified.
Futures is the award-winning science-fiction section of Nature and it accepts unsolicited articles. Each Futures piece should be an entirely fictional, self-contained story of around 850–950 words in length, and the genre should, broadly speaking, be ‘hard’ (that is, ‘scientific’) SF rather than, say, outright fantasy, slipstream or horror. Each item should be sent as a Word document attachment to [email protected], including full contact details and a 30-word autobiographical note to be appended to the story if published.
We ask contributors not to send presubmission enquiries but to send the whole story. Unsolicited artwork is not considered. Before submitting, prospective authors are advised to read earlier Futures stories at nature.com/futures; selected examples are also available here. More detailed guidelines can be found at http://blogs.nature.com/futureconditional/2015/04/19/how-to-write-for-nature-futures/.
- WIHM: Be Brave, Be Delighted - February 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine (Short Window!) - February 15, 2019
- Creators Should Really Check Out The Available MasterClass Programs! - February 15, 2019
- Video Refresh: James Dorr Interview - February 15, 2019
- WIHM: Horror Is For Women - February 15, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Blasphemous Rumors - February 14, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 02/14/2019 – Love Isn’t In The Air! - February 14, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Shotgun Honey Presents Volume 4 - February 14, 2019
- WIHM: “Do You Not Get Scared?” My Life as a Horror Book Reviewer and Writer. - February 14, 2019
- Serial Killers: Plaything Part 2 - February 13, 2019