Payment: SFWA approves though rate isn’t specified.
Futures is the award-winning science-fiction section of Nature and it accepts unsolicited articles. Each Futures piece should be an entirely fictional, self-contained story of around 850–950 words in length, and the genre should, broadly speaking, be ‘hard’ (that is, ‘scientific’) SF rather than, say, outright fantasy, slipstream or horror. Each item should be sent as a Word document attachment to [email protected], including full contact details and a 30-word autobiographical note to be appended to the story if published.
We ask contributors not to send presubmission enquiries but to send the whole story. Unsolicited artwork is not considered. Before submitting, prospective authors are advised to read earlier Futures stories at nature.com/futures; selected examples are also available here. More detailed guidelines can be found at http://blogs.nature.com/futureconditional/2015/04/19/how-to-write-for-nature-futures/.
- Trembling With Fear 10/14/2018 - October 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dreamforge - October 12, 2018
- Video Refresh: Karen Runge Interview - October 12, 2018
- Closed Market: Iridium Magazine - October 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Gardens Anthology - October 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Compelling Science Fiction - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Splatter Club: Fresh Meat 2018 - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Story Seed Vault - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nothing Without Us - October 9, 2018
- Contest: St. Martin’s Minotaur/ Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Competition - October 9, 2018