Payment: $.01/word if it makes it to print.
Note: Reprints Welcome
We nominate for both the Pushcart Prize and the O. Henry Prize.
We want stories that are well written, intelligent, and enjoyable to read. We are looking for stories with metaphors and emotional ambience and imaginative descriptive writing.
…and then, there’s this:
If your work is accepted, it’ll be put in the online edition of Longshot Island as a part of our short list. Best stories at the end of the quarter will go into the printed magazine.
We send the magazines to the O. Henry Prize. At the end of the year, the best stories from the magazines go into a book and the best stories in the book are sent to the Pushcart Prize.
ISSN 2573-4253 (print)
ISSN 2573-4261 (online)
Fiction: 1,000 to 7,000 words
Reviews: under 1,200 words
Nonfiction: 1,000 to 3,000 words
Poetry: 3 to 5 poems
For reviews, we are looking for movie, music, book, fashion, art and photography reviews.
Pay: We currently pay US$.01/word for stories that make it into print. Payments are only made to your PayPal account.
Terms: We don’t charge for submissions. Reprints are welcome. Multiple submissions are welcome. Simultaneous submissions are welcome.
Rights: You retain copyright to your story. We retain copyright to the publication.
Via: Longshot Island.
- Taking Submissions: Grifty Shades of Fey - May 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Creature Feature Novellas - May 21, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Electric Athenaeum - May 20, 2019
- Taking Submissions: Grumpy Old Gods Vol. 3 Halloween Edition - May 20, 2019
- Trembling With Fear 05/19/2019 - May 19, 2019
- 10 steps to start writing a book - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: Ricky’s Back Yard – How HORROR-able - May 17, 2019
- Unholy Trinity: The Soul Trilogy - May 17, 2019
- Ongoing Submissions: The Mighty Line - May 16, 2019
- Taking Submissions: All Dark Places 2 - May 16, 2019