Ongoing Submissions: Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine
Payment: Short Fiction: 1 cent/word (AUD) with an AUD$20 minimum and $100 maximum per piece. Poetry, and Flash Fiction (under 1000 words): AUD$10 per piece. Non-fiction: AUD$10 per article under 1000 words. Artwork: AUD$100 per cover and AUD$20 per internal piece.
Note: The window for submissions opens and closes without any apparent warning.
Please remember that we only accept science fiction, fantasy and horror works.
Before you submit your work, please read our submission and formatting guidelines. Doing so will greatly increase the chance of your story being accepted.
All submitted stories and poems go through an initial blind reading process so we ask you to help by ensuring that your document does not contain any identifying author information. Please especially check any headers or footers. Your document should only contain the title and the story.
Do not include any identifying information (name, pen name, address, phone or email address) in your document.
Short Fiction: 1 cent/word (AUD) with an AUD$20 minimum and $100 maximum per piece.
Poetry, and Flash Fiction (under 1000 words): AUD$10 per piece.
Non-fiction: AUD$10 per article under 1000 words.
Artwork: AUD$100 per cover and AUD$20 per internal piece.
Every contributor also receives an electronic copy of the issue in which their item appears, whether it’s fiction, non-fiction, artwork or poetry.
*Please be aware that you will be paid based on the number of words in the final product, not what you initially send us.
All submissions should be sent through the submissions engine.
Your piece should be sent as an attached RTF file
- use a fixed width font (ie Courier New)
- size 12.indent the first line of each paragraph by 1cm
- double-space lines (except in poetry)
- indicate section breaks with a centered * * *
- use Australian spelling (ie “s” instead of “z”)
- use italics for character thoughts.
- centre justify your paragraphs
- use strange fonts
- include your name in the document header
- put anything in the document footer.
- use a pen-name
- add page numbers.
Why do we do things this way?
- The editorial team of ASM is scattered over most of Australia, and since nearly all our communications are electronic, printed submissions are less useful than they might otherwise be. While we will accept printed submissions for people who for some reason or another can’t manage email, it will get scanned into electronic format and emailed to the various readers and editors anyway. So sending electronically saves the editors a labour-intensive step and saves you postage.
- The reason for an attached RTF rather than plain text is the submissions editor finds them easier to manipulate, and prefers to see the things like italics presented as the author intended, rather than the makeshifts required by plain text.
- All stories submitted go through an initial blind reading process. That means that the stories are sent to our panel of readers with no author information attached. This is why we want the author information in one place where it is easily removed.
- Since this is an Australian publication, we’d like all of our stories to be written with Aussie spelling for the sake of consistency.
Via: Andromeda Spaceways.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!