Deadline: January 31st, 2018
Payment: half cent a word with a $5.00 minimum
We are seeking new and original work inspired by the famed Bosch triptych, “The Garden of Earthly Delights.” Pieces can be accounts of scenes occurring within the painting; further adventures of the denizens of the painting; bizarre odes to the painting itself; some conglomerate of the above; or something entirely different. Push limits of plot, structure, and form. Those familiar with our catalogue know we prefer the surreal, absurd, gut-wrenching. Pieces dependent on comedy will be less likely to find a home here. Please, for our sanity, do not send any pieces about the bird king eating and shitting humans out.
We will consider fiction, poetry, plays, and pretty much any other formats you can think of. (Creative non-fiction is encouraged but pitch your concept beforehand.) Word count has a soft cap of 7K: if your submission is longer (or is expected to be), pitch us the concept beforehand. Payment is half cent a word with a $5.00 minimum. No simultaneous submissions, but multiple submissions are allowed. If multiple pieces are accepted, payment will be based on total word count of all pieces.
Deadline is January 31st, 2018. We will try to be prompt with responses, but pieces that are potential acceptances may need to wait until after the deadline for final confirmation. We are seeking six month exclusivity from date of publication.
Submissions can be sent to carrionblue555 [at] gmail.com as .doc or .docx files. Include “GARDEN” and author name in the email title. Please format your file as you wish it to see print (italicize for italics, underline for underline, etc.)
May your efforts bear strange fruits.
Via: Carrion Blue 555.
- Taking Submissions: Augur Preview Issue - April 28, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Audient Void: A Journal of Weird Fiction #4 - April 27, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Misbehaving Dead - April 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Welcome to Miskatonic University - April 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Beauty of Death 2 – Death By Water - April 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome: Horrors of War – Disposable Heroes - April 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 04/23/2017 - April 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: A Midas Clutch: Tales of Opulent Horror - April 21, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Likely Red - April 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec August Issue 2017 - April 19, 2017