- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Wily Writers Podcast: Young Adult Post-Apocalyptic
October 31, 2011
Wily Writers Podcast: Young Adult Post-Apocalyptic
Deadline: October 31st 2011
Stories must fit the “young adult post-apocalyptic” theme.
The Wily Writers site publishes two short stories per month in both audio and text formats. We host celebrity editors who choose the stories along with head editor Angel Leigh McCoy.
We publish only short fiction that falls under the genre umbrella of speculative fiction: horror, fantasy, science fiction, and paranormal romance/mystery/adventure. Every month, we have a different theme to follow, as listed below.
We’re also going to be spotlighting a few writers organizations around the globe. We’re doing this because we believe strongly that writers organizations play a primary role in the support and success of up-and-coming writers. They provide networking and knowledge, the two most valuable treasures a writer can receive. If you’re not a member of a writers organization, then you may want to consider joining one, so that you have access to all the wonderful writing resources these organizations provide.
Submissions need to follow the guidelines listed below.
Name your file so that it makes sense. An impressive filename for a fiction submission is: (lastname)-(word from title).RTF
[like this: mccoy-darkness.rtf]
Word count: 1000 – 5000 (Firm. Do not query).
Use standard manuscript formatting. (more info)
No simultaneous submissions to other publishers.
Multiple submissions okay, but only one story per theme or organization.
Story must have a speculative fiction element.
Gore, sex, and adult language okay, but make sure it improves the story.
We do not edit, so make sure you use good grammar, have double-checked the punctuation, and have done a spell-check. We prefer Chicago Manual of Style rules, and we will reject it if it’s a mess, even if it’s an amazing story.
We will accept reprints. Make double sure that the rights have reverted to you. By submitting it to us, you affirm that it has been freed from all other commitments that conflict with the rights you give us.
We reserve the right to change these guidelines without notice.
Response Time: We will respond within 90 days after the appropriate issue’s deadline.
Pay: Payment will vary per organization. Minimum payment will be US$50 per short story. We pay via Paypal and/or check.
Rights: With this payment, we’re buying the exclusive right to publish an audio version (exclusive for twelve  months) and non-exclusive rights to publish a digital text (RTF) version. You will be asked to sign a contract.
Your story will automatically be a candidate for a “Best of Wily Writers” anthology at a later date.
Submit to Wily Writers via our online submission form.
We’re looking forward to reading your story!
- The Horror Tree Presents…An Interview with Phoebe Darquling - November 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: We Shall Be Monsters: Frankenstein Two Centuries On - November 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Hell’s Empire - November 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sanctuary - November 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Allegory Volume 33/60 - November 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Til Death: An Anti-Valentine’s Day Poetry Anthology - November 13, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 11/12/2017 - November 12, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Out of Your Shadow: Empowered Sidekicks - November 10, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Alchemy Press Book Of Horrors - November 9, 2017
- Taking Submissions Unnamed Corpus Press Halloween Anthology! - November 8, 2017