- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions The Were-Traveler: SuperFreak—Freakpunk Issue 2
February 28, 2020
Deadline: February 28th, 2020
Payment: $10 per flash, $1 per drabble
Theme: Weird fiction where the setting is a carnival, theme park, circus or fair/festival
Now Issuing a Call for Submissions for the theme of SuperFreak—Freakpunk Issue 2.
- Freakpunk is a genre I named that encompasses weird fiction where the setting is a carnival, theme park, circus or fair/festival. That’s kind of broad, I know, but I’d like to give the writers options when crafting their tales. Clowns can be part of the story, but they don’t have to be. A creepy carny is just as good. Can there by a science fiction or dark fantasy freakpunk story. Hell yes! To get a good idea of what Freakpunk is, read some of the stories in the first Freakpunk issue: Issue 13: Come One, Come All! To the Southern Fried Freak Show!
- Send flash stories less than 1500 words and more than 700 words (any more or any less and your submission will be rejected). Flash will pay $10 upon acceptance, with first rights.
- Send drabbles of 100 words (exactly, not counting title). Drabbles will pay $1 No double or triple drabbles this time around.
- Only looking for 3-5 flash stories and 2-3 drabbles.
- No reprints on this one.
- Submission Deadline is February 28th, 2020, launch to be April or May 1st 2020 Submissions may cut off prior to this date as the submission manager only gives us 100 submissions per month. If your submission bounces back, check this page to see if the call has been closed.
Be sure to read the guidelines before you submit.
Via: The Were-Traveler.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Stuart Conover is a father, husband, published author, blogger, geek, entrepreneur, horror fanatic, and runs a few websites including Horror Tree!