- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: SubTerrain Issue #68
May 1, 2014
Deadline: May 1st, 2014
Payment: Poetry: $50 per poem, Prose: $50 per page
Issue #68 (Summer/Fall) — “PULP FICTION”
With a nod of the hat to the popular pulp writing of the early 20th century, this issue will feature fiction that epitomizes the pulp genre—larger-than-life (often hardboiled) characters in sensational scenarios (detective, mystery, adventure, spicy). We’re looking for material that either satirizes or parodies the genre or spins a gripping tale in the style of the day.
Mark envelope “Pulp Fiction”
Deadline for submissions: May 1st, 2014 (postmarked)
When submitting writing or imagery, please identify on the envelope the theme issue for which you’re submitting.
Feel free to interpret these themes in unique and unusual ways. Theme issues will still feature “regular” work, so please continue sending us your submissions, theme-related or not.
All other regular submission guidelines still apply, as below.
The following are some general guidelines (as always, we’d suggest READING an issue of the magazine to see what we’re all about).
Submissions should be:
1. typed, double-spaced on 8 1/2 x 11 paper (no disks or e-mail submissions please)
2. Fiction: a maximum of 3,000 words.
3. Poetry: we no longer accept unsolicited poetry submissions (unless specifically related to one of our theme issues).
4. Creative Non-Fiction: a maximum of 4,000 words.
5. Commentary (social or otherwise): a maximum of 4000 words.
6. Photography & Illustration: we only accept solicited art and photography. Please forward us a link to your work;
7. Those submissions not accompanied by a SASE (self-addressed, stamped envelope) will not be considered or returned. Submissions from outside Canada must include a sufficient number of International Reply Coupons to cover the return postage.
8. Please do not send submissions via email.
Payment rates for published submissions:
Poetry: $50 per poem
Prose: $50 per page
Send submissions to:
P.O. Box 3008, MPO
Vancouver, BC V6B 3X5
TEL: (604) 876-8710 FAX: (604) 879-2667 EMAIL: [email protected]