- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: She’s Lost Control
Deadline: March 31st, 2018
Payment: $0.005 (that’s half a cent) per word at publication as well as residual NET royalties based on a percentage of overall content (meaning if your story is 5% of the book, you get 5% of the allotted royalty) and a contributor’s copy. $5 per poem
Note: Female Authors Only
We are NOT accepting novels at this point.
We’re not stickler for submission guidelines as long as you use common sense.
A few things will get you rejected without being read:
– using the space bar to indent paragraphs
– placing a hard return at the end of each line of text
- Real/Legal Name – for publishing contract
- Email address
- Street address – for delivery of contributor copy/royaltie
“I walked up on the edge of no escape and laughed, I’ve lost control.” – Joy Division, ‘She Lost Control’
Are we ever really in control?
This is what our first all-female anthology, SHE’S LOST CONTROL, will try to answer. We want your thrills, your kills, the dark thoughts going through your head at the brink. Will you step back from the edge? Will you jump?
If you identify as a woman, submit your short stories (up to 10,000 words) or poems about losing control. If you DON’T identify as a woman, GTFO. New and emerging authors are encouraged to submit.
Accepted authors of short fiction will receive $0.005 (that’s half a cent) per word at publication as well as residual NET royalties based on a percentage of overall content (meaning if your story is 5% of the book, you get 5% of the allotted royalty), after expenses are met, as well as an eBook AND trade paperback contributor’s copy for their stories. We request first international electronic, audio, and print rights, which revert back to the author immediately upon release of the anthology. The residual royalty period expires 3 years from publication. Residual royalties are paid yearly or upon your story’s accumulation of $25, whichever comes first. Poets will be paid $5 per poem.
This anthology will be published mid-2018 and will be edited by PMP’s Elizabeth Jenike. There will likely be a crowdfunding page as well, with a small goal to accelerate covering expenses.
A portion of the proceeds of this anthology will the donated to local and national charities that provide mental health services to women without the financial resources required to get help.
Post Mortem Press is a Midwest-based independent publisher of dark fiction. We’ve published the dark stylings of authors like Jessica McHugh, Emma Ennis, Billie Sue Mossiman, Lucy A. Snyder, Cynthia Pelayo, and DeLani L. Bartlette. The singular goal of Post Mortem Press is to answer opportunity’s call by providing an outlet for both new and established writers of speculative fiction.
Submission deadline: March 31, 2018
Source: Post Mortem Press.
- Taking Submissions: Beyond Steampunk: Fake News - May 21, 2018
- Trembling With Fear 05/20/2018 - May 20, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Colors in Darkness: A Deadly Bargain - May 18, 2018
- Guest Post: By No Means an Expert - May 18, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Blood Bath Litzine issue 1: Bodies - May 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Well said, O, Toothless One - May 17, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Worlds of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Vol IV - May 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Oath and Iron - May 16, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Apparition Lit Magazine – July 2018 - May 15, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Sinister Sheets - May 15, 2018