- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Resisting Fascism
Deadline: August 15th, 2018
Payment: $0.07 per word and contributor’s copy
Born from a desire to produce high quality, pertinent publications – small collections of relevant excellence – Crossed Genres is trying something new. It’s a pop-up anthology: 7-10 stories plus original cover art, published very quickly. We’re open to fiction submissions NOW; submissions will close in ONE MONTH, on August 15. There will be a short crowdfunding project, and assuming it’s successful, we will publish the micro-anthology shortly before US election day on Tuesday November 6, 2018, less than 4 months from now!
For our first microanthology, we’re looking for science fiction and fantasy stories about Resisting Fascism – a subject already appearing in many writers’ recent works. Whatever that may look like, small scale rebellion or worldwide revolution; set in any time period past, present or future, or even in alternate universes.
FICTION SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Word Count: 250-8000
.doc, .docx or .rtf files only
Standard Manuscript Format preferred
No Courier font
Name, contact information and submission word count on the first page
No simultaneous submissions. No reprints.
Email your submission to [email protected]. Be sure to put “Story Submission” in the subject line.
DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 15
PAY RATE & RIGHTS
Pay will be $0.07 per word (possibly more depending on crowdfunded stretch goals). Authors will also receive a gratis print and ebook copy of the anthology.
Crossed Genres takes first worldwide English-language ebook and print rights, exclusively for one (1) year, and non-exclusively for an addition four (4) years. There will be an option to extend the non-exclusive rights for additional compensation.
Please email [email protected] with any questions regarding the anthology or your submission.
Via: Crossed Genres.
- Trembling With Fear 10/14/2018 - October 14, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Dreamforge - October 12, 2018
- Video Refresh: Karen Runge Interview - October 12, 2018
- Closed Market: Iridium Magazine - October 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Enchanted Gardens Anthology - October 11, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Compelling Science Fiction - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: The Splatter Club: Fresh Meat 2018 - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Story Seed Vault - October 10, 2018
- Taking Submissions: Nothing Without Us - October 9, 2018
- Contest: St. Martin’s Minotaur/ Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Competition - October 9, 2018