Deadline: August 15th, 2017
Payment: .003 Cents per Word. $5 minimum and $25 maximum payments and contributor’s copy
GREETINGS FROM THE ETHER,
The second anthology of Gehenna & Hinnom will be published in late-November of 2017. It will feature only the most speculative, intriguing, and mind-enhancing science fiction stories readers have ever read.
The challenge is up to you, the authors. How in depth is your grasp of the rapidly evolving technological advances? How well could you portray the eventual cybernetic destiny of humanity? How engaging and mind-blowing can your depictions of Utopian and Dystopian worlds be?
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking stories for this anthology that properly portray the technological evolution of humans, be it cybernetics, immortality granted through means of science, transcendence of AI into consciousness, the AI singularity and its impact on humanity, the assimilation of human and machine, and anything else you could think of that would fall into Transhumanism.
For reference, think of films like, Elyisum (2013), Ghost in the Shell (1995), The Matrix (1999), Gattaca (1997), Ex Machina (2014), Avatar (2009), and Blade Runner (1982).
Genres can meld together. Science fiction, horror, weird fiction, cosmic horror, fantasy, space opera, slipstream, etc. All of these are acceptable as long as the piece does not deviate from the transhuman theme of the anthology.
Transhumanism as defined by Wikipedia,
TRANSHUMANISM (ABBREVIATED AS H+ OR H+) IS AN INTERNATIONAL AND INTELLECTUAL MOVEMENT THAT AIMS TO TRANSFORM THE HUMAN CONDITION BY DEVELOPING AND MAKING WIDELY AVAILABLE SOPHISTICATED TECHNOLOGIES TO GREATLY ENHANCE HUMAN INTELLECT AND PHYSIOLOGY.
Transhuman as defined by Wikipedia,
TRANSHUMAN OR TRANS-HUMAN IS THE CONCEPT OF AN INTERMEDIARY FORM BETWEEN HUMAN AND POSTHUMAN. IN OTHER WORDS, A TRANSHUMAN IS A BEING THAT RESEMBLES A HUMAN IN MOST RESPECTS BUT WHO HAS POWERS AND ABILITIES BEYOND THOSE OF STANDARD HUMANS. THESE ABILITIES MIGHT INCLUDE IMPROVED INTELLIGENCE, AWARENESS, STRENGTH, OR DURABILITY. TRANSHUMANS SOMETIMES APPEAR IN SCIENCE-FICTION AS CYBORGS OR GENETICALLY-ENHANCED HUMANS.
WHAT WE’RE NOT LOOKING FOR
Absolutely no erotica. This is non-negotiable. Nothing political, unless it is satire. Uses of rape, necrophilia, bestiality, etc., are allowed though be very careful with these themes. If it is not integral to the plot, or if it is clearly gratuitous, your story will be rejected. We want to provide a certain amount of quality for our readers. This is an adult-aged anthology, but please be professional and technical with your writing.
Stories that are not proofread and have mistakes that would be avoidable with a single read-through WILL be rejected.
DEADLINE: AUGUST 15TH, 2017 OR UNTIL STORY LIMIT IS REACHED
.003 Cents per Word. $5 minimum and $25 maximum payments.
A complimentary copy of the finished work will be yours, for free. Publicity and articles based on each author will also be published for our readers, helping you further develop your presence as a voice in horror literature.
Minimum Word Count: 1000 Words
Maximum Word Count: 6000 Words
Short stories can be solicited and unsolicited.
NO NOVELLAS OR NOVELETTES
ALL WORKS MUST BE ORIGINAL AND UNPUBLISHED. REPRINTS ONLY ALLOWED IF PUBLISHED IN 2016 AND IF RIGHTS HAVE REVERTED BACK TO THE AUTHOR
Multiple Submissions: Accepted. Do not exceed 3 for each anthology.
Simultaneous Submissions: Generally, no. It depends on how good the story is. Please send a query concerning this if you plan on submitting to other publishers after or before you submit to us.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE A STORY THAT IS LESS THAN 1000 WORDS OR MORE THAN 6000 WORDS, AND YOU FEEL FERVENTLY THAT IT WOULD BE A GREAT FIT FOR THIS ANTHOLOGY–NO DOUBT IN YOUR SOUL REGARDING THE MATTER–YOU CAN QUERY US AND SEND AN EMAIL. MAKE SURE TO FORMAT IT THE SAME WAY AS A REGULAR SUBMISSION.
What to send:
- Title Your Email as: Submission — Transhuman — Story Title
- Author Name
- Title of Work
- A Short Description of the Work (2-3 Sentences)
- A Short Author Bio
- Attach the Entire Manuscript in either a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file. DO NOT PUT STORY IN BODY OF EMAIL (This is for Editing Purposes)
- Format the Manuscript in Standard Manuscript Format. Reference here: Shunn’s Standard. STORY WILL BE REJECTED IF IT DOESN’T FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES.
- Send All Submissions to gehennapublishinghouse (at) gmail (dot) com.
RESPONSE TIME: We will try to respond within 2-3 weeks (usually sooner) in regards to our decisions of the stories you submit. We understand that when a story is rejected, the normal immediate reaction is to submit elsewhere because time is very valuable. Because of this, we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
RIGHTS: Exclusive global English first print and digital rights for one year, and nonexclusive print and digital rights for term of copyright. All other rights are reserved to the author.
Via: Gehenna And Hinnom.
- World Fantasy Award Nominations 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Biweekly Bite - July 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Menagerie de Mythique Anthology Call: Mythical Creatures Anthology - July 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Asterisk Anthology—Round 4: Nautical Nightmares - July 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Below the Stairs – Tales from the Cellar - July 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Tales From the Fluffy Bunny - July 24, 2017
- ‘The Calling’ Blog Tour – Brent Abell On “Writing What You Know” - July 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 07/23/2017 - July 23, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Silver Blade Magazine - July 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Literary Erotica Anthology: Haunted - July 20, 2017