Deadline: July 24th, 2017
Payment: % royalties per story published in e-book and paperback form and a contributor’s copy
Deadline for both volumes: Monday 24th July 2017
Payment: 4% royalties per story published in e-book and paperback form. You will also receive a physical copy of whichever volume your story appears in.
‘As this is laying the groundwork for an ongoing story in a way that few anthologies do, it’s definitely one to keep an eye on. When Volume 2 comes out, you know we’ll be on board.’ Starburst Magazine
This Twisted Earth vol. 2: Twisted Histories – due for release at EdgeLit 2018
Dig deeper into how This Twisted Earth began: explore ‘known’ events such as the reign of the Tyrant, reveal secret histories and cultural insights through Twisted Earth creation myths, or shed light on some familiar characters through their early adventures. We can also begin to investigate what really happened to shatter Time in such a cataclysmic manner.
This Twisted Earth vol. 3: Twisted Tomorrows – due for release at FantasyCon 2018
Peer into the future to show us what might yet be: chart the rise of powers such as Rome Resurgent, probe the ever-changing landscape of cultural evolution; of the progress made or dangers unleashed by the reweaving of Time’s threads. Bring forth new tales of familiar characters, hunt down the truths behind the Cataclysm, and show us what it means to choose our destiny.
‘…an anthology that breaks the format of what we consider an anthology to be demands more attention, and asks that the reader be comfortable with feeling out of their comfort zone. But it’s this quality, I think, that allows This Twisted Earth to shine.’ Renegade Revolution
Prospective writers from all countries and cultural backgrounds are invited to join our ‘This Twisted Earth’ Facebook Group in order to interact with the editor and the other writers on the project. There, you will also find the ‘world bible’ – a vital collection of Twisted Earth lore which has recently been updated by the editor, Dion Winton-Polak, to include details from the first volume of This Twisted Earth.
Send your completed story to [email protected] as either a .doc or .rtf file. The subject of your email should have your Surname, the word ‘Histories’ or ‘Tomorrows’ to indicate which volume you feel your story belongs in, and your word-count.
To avoid disappointment please ensure your submission reflects the brief and sticks to the following format:
- 4000 to 9000 words long, in Standard Manuscript Format.
- Typed in Times New Roman, size 12.
- Include your full contact details (name/address/social media profile/email address) at the top of your document.
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Via: Six Minutes To Midnight.
- Taking Submissions: The Misbehaving Dead - April 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Welcome to Miskatonic University - April 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Beauty of Death 2 – Death By Water - April 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome: Horrors of War – Disposable Heroes - April 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 04/23/2017 - April 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: A Midas Clutch: Tales of Opulent Horror - April 21, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Likely Red - April 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec August Issue 2017 - April 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Violet Hour Magazine August/September 2017 Issue - April 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Broad Knowledge - April 18, 2017