Deadline: March 31st, 2017
Payment: $10 and a contributor’s copy
Anthologist: Trysh Thompson
Open for Submissions: February 1, 2017 to March 31, 2017
Expected Publication: Fall 2017
Story Length: up to 15,000 words
Payment: $10 + contributor copy
No one is perfect—not even a witch. Witches have amazing power at their fingertips to do unbelievable things. That magic can come in really handy sometimes too. They can make someone fall in love, poison an apple to enact a sleeping curse, to banish an enemy to an alternate reality, or just to conjure up some Nutella when there is none in the house.
But what happens when those spells go horribly awry?
SONOFAWITCH! seeks humorous stories of spells gone wrong. What spell fell apart and how did the witch get out of it? Give me a contemporary setting (mainly because it lends itself to more humor). The rest is up to your imagination.
Audience: Preference for New Adult/Adult, though a thoroughly compelling YA is fine
Rights and compensation: Payment: $10 and a paperback copy of the anthology from World Weaver Press. We are looking for previously unpublished works in English. Seeking first world rights in English and nonexclusive right to continue to publish for the life of the anthology.
Open submission period: February 1, 2017 – March 31, 2017
Length: Under 15,000 words
Submission method: Send story as an attachment (.doc, .docx, or .rtf only) to thompson[at]worldweaverpress.com.
Simultaneous submissions = okay. Multiple submissions = no.
Expected Publication Date: Fall 2017
About the Anthologist: Trysh Thompson has written just about every form of non-fiction you can think of—everything from news, movie reviews, magazine columns, marketing hype, software manuals, and was even an editorial assistant on a gardening book no one has ever read (The 7-Minute Organic Garden—see, you’ve never heard of it, have you?). To keep from being slowly and torturously bored to death by her day job, she turned to fiction as means of escape—reading it, writing it, and editing it.
Via: World Weaver Press.
- Taking Submissions: Corporate Cthulhu - March 28, 2017
- Taking Submissions: This Twisted Earth (vols. 2 & 3) - March 27, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 03/26/2017 - March 26, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Shoreline of Infinity - March 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Southern Fried Autopsies - March 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Untitled Rice Paper Press Horror Anthology - March 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Heroic Fantasy Quarterly - March 21, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: The Forge - March 21, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Conduit - March 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Edge: Infinite Darkness - March 20, 2017