Deadline: July 31st, 2017
Payment: Original Fiction (3,500 to 7,000 words) 0.01 pounds (GBP) per word, capped at 50 pounds Reprints (3,500 to 7,000 words) 10 pounds (GBP) per piece
Reprints welcome but I suspect unlikely to be chosen
We will be accepting six short stories of the highest quality for this anthology, which is designed to be read in one stormy sitting. The story must begin with an individual, couple, or group seeking shelter from a storm of some kind. Atmosphere, suspense, and a gripping plot are essential elements.
Submissions open: January 1st, 2017 to July 31st, 2017
Acceptances: September 30th, 2017
Publication: Early 2018
What We Want:
Well-written and thoroughly edited tales in the following genres:
– Mystery (especially, a brilliant locked-room mystery)
– Psychological Horror
– Historical (but you need to know your facts, because we do)
– Strange and quirky stories
– More of this: Shop
It’s also worth noting that we greatly prefer British English.
What We Don’t Want:
– Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, or Modern Fairy Tales
– Science Fiction
– Supernatural Horror (but we will consider stories with an ambiguous ending)
Contributors will be paid via PayPal upon publication. Contributors will also receive an ebook copy of the issue and will be able to order up to ten print copies at near cost price.
Original Fiction (3,500 to 7,000 words) 0.01 pounds (GBP) per word, capped at 50 pounds
Reprints (3,500 to 7,000 words) 10 pounds (GBP) per piece
General submissions guidelines can be found on our submissions page.
Via: Black Beacon Books.
- Taking Submissions: Mother of Invention - July 27, 2017
- World Fantasy Award Nominations 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Biweekly Bite - July 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Menagerie de Mythique Anthology Call: Mythical Creatures Anthology - July 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Asterisk Anthology—Round 4: Nautical Nightmares - July 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Below the Stairs – Tales from the Cellar - July 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Tales From the Fluffy Bunny - July 24, 2017
- ‘The Calling’ Blog Tour – Brent Abell On “Writing What You Know” - July 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 07/23/2017 - July 23, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Silver Blade Magazine - July 21, 2017