Deadline: September 5th, 2017.
Payment: 1 cent per word.
Note: Yes, it is erotica but it is also the apocalypse and as I know many of you write both…
We are in search of erotic stories centered around the theme of apocalypse. How you execute this theme is up to you—a multitude of interpretations are possible, from both the figurative to the literal end of civilization.
Apocalypse. The complete final destruction of the world (definition 1). An event involving destruction or damage on an awesome or catastrophic scale (definition 2).
We are interested in stories that explore either definition. Stories can be set before, during, or after the eponymous apocalypse. Show us passion, annihilation, rebirth, despair, and/or hope. How would you fuck if the world were ending?
The sex needs to be raw, passionate, hot, and at the story’s centre. Four-letter words are neither required nor discouraged, although we have a preference for graphic lust conveyed through beautiful prose.
No hard requirements in terms of secondary genres. This theme, however, lends itself well to dystopian fiction.
Please read our general submission guidelines prior to submitting. We prefer the erotic to the pornographic and have an extreme prejudice for stories with a literary style—however, hot, passionate sex must be at each story’s core. It may help to familiarize yourself with some of our other titles prior to submitting—particularly our short story anthologies and stand-alone shorts.
1,000-5,000 words, although we’ll consider pieces that fall outside those parameters on a case-by-case basis. Multiple and simultaneous submissions ok. No reprints.
If accepted, pay is 1 cent per word. The deadline for submissions is September 5, 2017.
Via: Mug Wump Press.
- Trembling With Fear 07/23/2017 - July 23, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Silver Blade Magazine - July 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Literary Erotica Anthology: Haunted - July 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Electric Spec November Issue 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Deadman’s Tome September Issue - July 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Autumn’s Harvest Anthology Call: Autumn Fantasy Anthology - July 17, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 07/16/2017 - July 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Untitled Indie Shelves Horror Anthology - July 14, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Furry Frolics - July 13, 2017
- Taking Submissions: ‘The Heart of a Devil: Horror and Dark Fantasy Villains Anthology’ - July 12, 2017