Deadline: April 30th, 2017
Topic: Last Shot Fired
Imagine a war going so long that every last resource has been used up in the fight for survival, or a world that has taken extreme measures to end warfare and violence. In this anthology we want to explore what the idea “Last Shot Fired” means to you.
This could be about a spouse that has finally reached their breaking point and said that one thing that cascades the relationship into total chaos, or being against the wall against overwhelming odds with almost no resources or backup, what imagery is brought to your mind by this phrase?
We are looking for a wide variety of stories from almost every genre.
Limitations: Keep it PG-13. Not too much gore, nothing sexually explicit, and keep the cursing down.
Word count: 2,000-6,000 words
Due Date: 30 April, 2017
Payment: We will pay $10 for each story that is accepted, send you a free ebook copy, and you will receive a 40% discount code for paperbacks which you can sell at full price. You will also be invited to a private forum just for anthology members.
Contract Details: We are asking for Exclusive (for 6 months from publication) First Anthology Rights.
Formatting: Use a standard font (Times New Roman, Courier new), 12 point, double spaced. Indent the first line of each paragraph WITHOUT using tabs.
You will be expected to work with our editor to polish your story.
About the Author: Please include a short biography (1-2 paragraphs) about the author at the end of your story (after the words THE END). This biography will be used in the anthology if your story is accepted.
How to submit:
Email your story as a .doc or .docx to [email protected]. You WILL receive conformation of receipt within seven days.
- Ongoing Submissions: Alien Dimensions - February 22, 2017
- WIHM: Time and the Single Parent Blog - February 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Chromatic Court: Tales of the Lovecraftian Arts - February 21, 2017
- WIHM: The Purging Method - February 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: SciFiMonkeys StoryTime Season 1 - February 20, 2017
- WIHM: The Gift Of Rejection - February 20, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 02/19/2017 - February 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Son of a Witch! - February 17, 2017
- WIHM: How Do Authors Auth? - February 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Last Shot Fired - February 16, 2017