Deadline: October 31st, 2017
Payment: 10 USD per story
Stitched Smile Publications in collaboration with Paul Mcvay present:
Drive-in of the Damned: Black and White
We are looking for 13 original stories (reprints will be considered on a case by case scenario)
Word Count: 7500 word max
Deadline: October 31st 2017
Anticipated Release: Summer of 2018 (Drive-in Season!)
Compensation: 10 USD per story, multiple submissions allowed (one at a time), but only one story will be chosen per author.
Submissions: We accept word documents only. Once you have submitted, please be patient. Acceptance letters will be sent within 90 days *after* the deadline. Send all submissions via form at www.stitchedsmilepublications.com (click “submissions) and be *sure* to include DRIVE-IN OF THE DAMNED for clarification! Or Email directly to: [email protected]
The sky was dark driving up the road to the drive-in. Headlights from other cars cut across your vision as you pull up to the ticket booth. With the window down, the warmth of the air was reprieved by the passing of a single breeze. The operator was nothing more than a silhouette in front of the flickering bulb behind him. He reaches out a thin, bony hand with his palm up and you place your money in the center of it. When he curls his fingers inward, you notice that they are unnaturally cold in comparison to the temperature.
Leaning forward, he gives you a wide grin and you can see the highways of deep lines through his wrinkled skin.
“Right this way,” he says, swinging his arm out.
He directs you to the one of the many paths that leads down into the quarry where countless screens form a circle at the bottom of the quarry. You pass the big sign with giant letters that announce your arrival to … “The Drive-in of the Damned”.
(Each story centers around a person, or persons present in the vehicle. The quarry is at the entrance of another dimension; a place of limbo between heaven and hell. Those that arrive are unaware of this, though, but will soon realize it when the story played on their screen reveals the events leading up to their death.)
• do tell a well thought out story centered around the theme and time-period which is any time prior to 1970.
• do be conscious of vernacular used in the year/time you are writing in.
• do send in a well-edited draft and include on the title page, author name, address, phone number, email and TITLE of the story. If you use a pen name, please make that clear as well.
• do have fun! Stories can include monsters, aliens, demons, supernatural, etc.
• Nothing modern will be accepted: no modern technology, terms, clothing, etc.
- World Fantasy Award Nominations 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Biweekly Bite - July 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Menagerie de Mythique Anthology Call: Mythical Creatures Anthology - July 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Asterisk Anthology—Round 4: Nautical Nightmares - July 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Below the Stairs – Tales from the Cellar - July 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Tales From the Fluffy Bunny - July 24, 2017
- ‘The Calling’ Blog Tour – Brent Abell On “Writing What You Know” - July 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 07/23/2017 - July 23, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Silver Blade Magazine - July 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Literary Erotica Anthology: Haunted - July 20, 2017