Deadline: September 15th, 2017
Payment: $60 USD for fiction and $30 USD for poetry
Our reading periods are as follows:
- February 1–March 15 for our Spring (April) issue;
- May 1–June 15 for our Summer (July) issue;
- August 1–September 15 for our Autumn (October) issue; and
- November 1–December 15 for our Winter (January) issue.
Fiction and Poetry Guidelines
Arsenika is looking for previously unpublished original fiction and poetry up to 1,000 words long. Payment is $60 USD for fiction and $30 USD for poetry for first world electronic rights and non-exclusive audio rights. We hope to raise the poetry rate to $60 as well in the future—please support us on Patreon if you’d like to help us reach our goal.
Submit no more than two flash fiction pieces and five poems at a time, and please make sure you fill out the form again for each piece you send, unless the pieces are meant to be read together (e.g. a triptych of poems).
All work should be in Standard Manuscript Format (fiction format/poetry format). Format poetry exactly as you would like to see it online—use italics for italics, underlines for underlines, boldface for boldface, etc. Send only TXT, RTF, DOC, and DOCX files.
Please do not send simultaneous submissions (pieces that are submitted to Arsenikaand another market at the same time). Multiple submissions are accepted, but please have no more than two flash fiction pieces and five poems in the submissions queue at a time.
We try to respond to all submissions within 14 days. If you haven’t heard from us in 30 days, please send us a query at
Remember: Don’t self-reject.
Arsenika does not accept unsolicited reprints. Payment is $10 upon acceptance.
Arsenika pays $100 for reprint art. Please feel free to query us at
[email protected]with a link to your portfolio.
- Taking Submissions: Fell Beasts and Fair Anthology - August 21, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 08/20/2017 - August 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: 2019 Young Explorer’s Adventure Guide - August 18, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Inwood Indiana - August 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Reckoning #2 - August 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Real American Horror - August 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: If It Bleeds, It Leads! - August 14, 2017
- ‘Screams The Machine’ Blog Tour: Sam Mortimer On “Does Originality Exist?” - August 14, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 08/13/2017 - August 13, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Black Dandy - August 11, 2017