Hi, All! I’m back.
Lately, I have been battling with self-doubt, which is mostly because of the constant rejections that I have had. As we all know, rejections can make you wonder if your earlier success was a fluke. But, instead of allowing Mr Self Doubt to continue to spread his poison, I will be fighting back. How will I fight back? Well, I have decided to set a Setting Self Doubt on Fire challenge, and I want all of you fellow self-doubters to join me.
So, what is the challenge? Well, it’s simple; every time you do something to push self-doubt aside I want you to post about it on Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #settingselfdoubtonfire or #beatingselfdoubt.
To help you know what counts as beating Mr Self Doubt, I’ve listed some examples below.
- Finished writing a story.
- Finished editing a story.
- Submitted a story.
- Faced rejection and continued to write.
- Read out your stories.
- Uploaded a story to your website.
- Self-published a book.
- Resubmitted a rejected story.
- Faced criticism and continued to write.
- Called yourself a writer.
- Told people you’re a writer.
- Joined a writing group.
- Your story has been published.
It doesn’t matter what you do as long as you have pushed self-doubt aside. And I will be sharing my achievements with you too.
Remember, every time you defeat Mr Self Doubt I want you to share it on your Facebook or Twitter. And don’t forget to use the hashtags (#settingselfdoubtonfire or #beatingselfdoubt), so we can all take the challenge together.
So let’s do this, let’s set self-doubt on fire.
Keep writing folks.
To end this post, here is another inspirational quote:
“Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.” ― Suzy Kassem
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Hey! Where’s My Book Reading Audience - June 3, 2017
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Don’t Let Self-Doubt Make You Miss Deadlines - March 25, 2017
- WIHM: Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Female Horror Writer and Proud - February 18, 2017
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Let’s Beat Self-Doubt in 2017 - January 7, 2017
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Help! I Didn’t Reach My NaNo Goal - December 3, 2016
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: It’s NaNoWriMo and NaNoEdMo Time - October 29, 2016
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: How to Prepare for a Book Reading Event - October 9, 2016
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: The Setting Self Doubt on Fire Challenge - August 13, 2016
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Help! A Publisher has Dropped Me - June 18, 2016
- Setting Self Doubt on Fire: Why You Should Go to a Writing Festival - April 16, 2016