Payment: £10/1000 word
What we are looking for
First, we strongly suggest you read a copy of Shoreline of Infinity to see the kind of stories our readers like. You can download a copy or order a print copy over there on the right.
We are looking for a good science fiction story. Something that gives reality a tweak on the nose. An idea that makes us stop and think.
But more than that, we want your story to be populated with characters we want to meet and have a drink with or from whom we want to run screaming away; we want characters to hug to ease the pain; we want to read the stories of heroes; we want to be your character.
Make us want to nudge our sleeping partners at 3am in the morning and say: “you should read this!”
Broaden our horizons – look beyond the Shoreline.
We told you, we’re looking for a good story.
If you can include all that in one tale as seen through the powerful lens of science fiction, so much the better.
From Issue 8 onwards we will be publishing one story of up to 10,000 words, otherwise it’s a maximum of 5,000 words.
What we Offer and Rights
We offer £10/1000 word at the moment.
We retain the right to continue selling back issues of Shoreline of Infinity and Shoreline anthologies containing your story (royalties are paid for republishing in collections).
We buy first digital and print world rights in English, but your rights are returned to you after 6 months of original publication (digital or print), and you are free to publish how or wherever you like. However, it would be splendid if you could acknowledge first publication in Shoreline of Infinity.
What to Submit
We accept simultaneous submissions, but do tell us immediately if you want to withdraw a submission. Submit a neatly formatted manuscript set in Times 12 point and double spaced in Word format ( doc/docx). Please use the submission process here – emailed manuscripts will be ignored.
Submit only one story.
We will reply as soon as we can after your submission, but do contact us if you have not heard within 3 months. We know what it’s like to be kept waiting, but we are only human (mostly).
Via: Shoreline Of Infinity.
- Trembling With Fear 05/28/2017 - May 28, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Eye to the Telescope 25: Garbage - May 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: More Alternative Truths - May 25, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Dreams & Nightmares - May 24, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Not One Of Us - May 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Spooky Isles Book of Horror - May 22, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 05/21/2017 - May 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Still Waters - May 19, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Allegory Volume 32/59 - May 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Intelligence in Fiction - May 17, 2017