Payment: Reprints: 1c/word ($10 minimum)
Original Work: 3c/word ($30 minimum)
Short fiction reprints:
Pay: 1c/word ($10 minimum)
Rights: Non-exclusive English language audio & non-exclusive English electronic reprint rights.
Wordcount: 100 – 6000 words
Genre: Science fiction, fantasy, horror, interstitial, speculative, whatever. It’s an SF/F mag, but if in doubt, send it.
Stories must contain some queer content. I believe in queer as a large umbrella term and specifically include trans, genderqueer, and ace/aro identities in addition to LGB. If your story includes an identity not listed here that you feel is queer, please don’t self-reject.
Attach stories in standard manuscript format .rtf/.doc/.docx format and send to submissions at glittership dot com. Please put REPRINT somewhere in the subject line.
Simultaneous submissions: Fine! I mean, it’s a reprint…
Multiple submissions: Please send no more than 3 at a time.
Stories will be reprinted in text on the site and read aloud for the podcast. If you are only able to sell audio rights for some reason, feel free to let me know. I’d rather work with you than miss out!
Short fiction originals: (Open for subs May 1, 2015.)
Pay: 3c/word ($30 minimum)
Rights: Exclusive English language audio and electronic rights for 6 months after publication, non-exclusive right to keep the story in our archive.
NOTE: GlitterShip will consider fiction produced as rewards for Patreon backers, or on locked/non-public mailing lists and accounts as previously unpublished for our purposes.
Wordcount, submissions email, and genre information is as above.
Simultaneous and multiple submissions are okay, but please do not send more than 3 stories at a time.
Please put ORIGINAL somewhere in the subject line.
Please drop me a line at submissions at glittership dot com.
If you have read fiction for podcasts or audio books in the past, please include your bio, relevant experience, and provide a link or two to your work.
If you do not have any previous experience, that’s okay! Please record yourself reading fiction for 4-5 minutes and have it available to upload or send. (Please don’t send any audio files to the submissions email, however, they’ll probably bounce. I’ll get back to you as soon as I figure out how to get those files from you!)
Non-native speakers, speakers of world Englishes, and speakers with accents are all welcome to apply as well.
Podcast readers will receive a token payment of between $10-$20 per episode recorded.
Authors and readers do not need to identify as LGBTQ or queer, though LGBTQ authors, authors of color, and authors of other marginalized identities, are specifically encouraged to submit.
Also, remember: don’t self-reject.
- World Fantasy Award Nominations 2017 - July 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Biweekly Bite - July 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Menagerie de Mythique Anthology Call: Mythical Creatures Anthology - July 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Asterisk Anthology—Round 4: Nautical Nightmares - July 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Below the Stairs – Tales from the Cellar - July 24, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Tales From the Fluffy Bunny - July 24, 2017
- ‘The Calling’ Blog Tour – Brent Abell On “Writing What You Know” - July 24, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 07/23/2017 - July 23, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Silver Blade Magazine - July 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Literary Erotica Anthology: Haunted - July 20, 2017