Payment: “up to $50”
Giles Press is currently seeking submissions of the following works for their Gallows Hill Magazine:
Horror, thriller, dark fantasy, psychological, black humor.
Length: flash fic to novellas; up to 15,000 words.
(Note: we reserve the right to serialize any submission over 9,000 words.)
POETRY (up to 5 poems at a time)
Same general genres/themes as fiction.
Length: up to 80 lines.
Giles Press is always looking for talented artists who thrive on the strange and unsettling. From illustration to full comics, we would love to work with you to publish your work. For this magazine, however, we are only looking for freelance illustrations. If we believe that your style has potential, we will contact you about publishing stand-alone works.
Fiction and nonfiction manuscripts should include an exact word count; poetry manuscripts should include an exact line count. Please include your contact information (phone, email, and mailing address) as well as a brief author bio.
Please allow up to 3-6 weeks response time.
If we accept your submission, we will notify you via an acceptance letter detailing payment and rights information and any revisions we would like you to make. We withhold the right to make line edits as needed, and will provide you with a copy to approve. Once we have your approval, it will be kept on file until it is assigned to an issue. Depending on how far out we are working, your submission may be placed as far as two issues out.
Since we are currently in the process of starting up, we cannot guarantee our ideal rates. Depending on our how much we are able to raise, rates may rise. Final rates will be given in your acceptance letter, but the minimum rates will be:
Fiction: up to $50
Poems: up to $15
- Taking Submissions: Fell Beasts and Fair Anthology - August 21, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 08/20/2017 - August 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: 2019 Young Explorer’s Adventure Guide - August 18, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Inwood Indiana - August 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Reckoning #2 - August 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Real American Horror - August 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: If It Bleeds, It Leads! - August 14, 2017
- ‘Screams The Machine’ Blog Tour: Sam Mortimer On “Does Originality Exist?” - August 14, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 08/13/2017 - August 13, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Black Dandy - August 11, 2017