We are currently OPEN to fiction collection, novella and novel submissions. (9-14-2016)
Guidelines for all submissions:
- JournalStone is currently accepting manuscripts with the following genres: Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Paranormal in the Young Adult and Adult markets. We reserve the right to consider the subject matter and how best to utilize it. JournalStone does not practice censorship of any author’s work.
- In your cover letter, tell us the word count, genre, and a brief synopsis of the plot. Submissions without this information cannot be reviewed.
- Please attach your manuscript in your email as a .doc,. docx or .rtf file. Do not paste your text in the body of the email.
- The title of your email subject line and file name should read: “Submission [type] – [title] – [genre] – [last name]”. For example: Submission Novel – Carrie – Horror – King.
- For proper formatting of your manuscript, please follow the Shunn way.
- We consider the quality of the editing in our review process. Please fully proof read and edit manuscripts prior to submission.
- Do not submit a work-in-progress. We only accept completed works.
- Allow two to three months for a response to your submission. We may respond more quickly, but we cannot guarantee timing.
- Please do not send follow up e-mails. We will notify you when we place your work in the queue, and will contact you when we have completed our review.
- Inform us if this is a previously published work. If you have self-published the same work, we would like to know the details about your effort. You may include website links in your email, to direct us.
- Email your cover letter and completed manuscript to jess [at] journalstone.com
What happens when you submit to JournalStone?
JournalStone will review your submission and decide whether we can publish it. Often, authors receive comments about their text, prior to any approval, with suggestions for improvements, or clarifications in the story. While this does not guarantee a firm acceptance, it can certainly help, and can ease the next few steps.
If your work is approved for publication, our president, Christopher C. Payne, will contact you with a contract for your review. Upon acceptance of that agreement, we will begin to move your manuscript through the editing and development channels. This part of the process can take a few, to several months. You will be involved the entire way.
Once editing and development is complete, your new book will be printed in proof form, and it will be reviewed again for any additional work. You will get a chance to see it, too! When approved in that first printed form – your book is ready for the release! JournalStone will begin to distribute and promote your book, to make the world aware of it.
*These are general guidelines to the publishing benefits provided; the contract serves as the final agreement, between JournalStone (publisher) and all authors, for work undertaken.
- Taking Submissions: Trouble The Waters: Tales from the Deep Blue - June 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Afrofuturism - June 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Whispers of the Apoc - June 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths - June 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of H.G. Wells - June 19, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 06/18/2017 - June 18, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Hidden Animals: A Collection of Cryptids - June 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Fire: Demons, Dragons and Djinns - June 15, 2017
- You’re Going To Want To Check Out This Deal On BlankPage! - June 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Mummy Knows Best - June 14, 2017