- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Priestess & Hierophant Issue #4: A Reaping
Deadline: July 5th, 2017
Payment: 5 free copies of their publication and royalties of 10% of list price sales
Interested in publishing with Priestess & Hierophant Press?
Priestess & Hierophant Press publishes short fiction, poetry, artwork, and mixed mediums in the following areas:
1) Speculative – any genre. We consider magical realism to be borderline speculative. Please submit.
2) Esoteric Works – any path or practice.
3) Fine Artwork – any medium.
4) Cross-Genre – any combination of the above.
We have a particular craving for the dark and macabre, strange and illuminating, wicked and spectacular. All marginalizations-in work and author-strongly encouraged.
Racism, bigotry, and intolerance will not be tolerated; such tropes should be handled sensitively. I’m personally adverse to child molestation and rape, FYI. Priestess & Hierophant Press is not a venue for children or YA works; adults only.
I’m looking for brief works in the 20-60 page range, with some overlap on either side. Query first if anxious about your length. Along with your first 10 pages, I’d like a one-page synopsis, chapter outline where appropriate, and brief bio(s). Co-creators accepted. Please use Shunn standard manuscript format for your written submissions. For art, please submit 5-10 images in .jpeg or .png, 300 DPI, with a cover letter containing a brief bio and artist statement.
For online publication consideration, from which I’ll do a print anthology annually, a submission of 3-5 poems, 1 short fiction work (2,000 – 3,500), 1-2 flash fiction works (less than 1,500 words each), or 3-5 images will suffice, plus a brief cover letter and bio. Submissions are now open and rolling. Please be mindful of the following themes and publication dates. Each issue’s submission window opens on the day of the previous issue’s publication:
Submissions are now closed for Issue 2: A Becoming
2: A Becoming – February 1st (closed January 5th)
3: A Beckoning – May 1st (closes April 5th)
4: A Reaping – August 1st (closes July 5th)
I only offer publication credit for the website; all works will be anthologized annually . Authors will receive one copy, contracted after four issues.
Response time: up to 6 months for collection; 8 weeks for online publication. Query after 6 months or 8 weeks respectively.
Submit: – .doc, .docx, .rf only
Payment and Rights
Priestess & Hierophant Press asks for First Publication Rights Worldwide, First English-Language Rights, and the right to print in hard and e-copy. We ask for credit if you have your work reprinted elsewhere; we love you, love us back!
The author receives 5 free copies of their publication and 20% off any additional copies. Author royalties are 10% of list price sales, checks cut biannually.
Online authors and artists receive credit. I also nominate for all major awards. All online creators will be anthologized annually; authors receive 1 free copy of the anthology with a 20% discount on up to 5 additional copies.
No reprints, unless sought out.
Simultaneous submissions not accepted.
ABSOLUTELY NO PLAGIARISM OR SIMULTANEOUS PUBLISHING WILL BE ACCEPTED: IF YOU’RE ACCEPTED ELSEWHERE, PLEASE WITHDRAW FROM P&H IMMEDIATELY! IN THE CASE OF EITHER HAPPENING, WE WILL BLACKLIST.
- Taking Submissions: Unfading Daydream - August 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Timeless Tales Issue #9. Rumpelstiltskin - August 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Glass & Gardens: Solarpunk Summers - August 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Fell Beasts and Fair Anthology - August 21, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 08/20/2017 - August 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: 2019 Young Explorer’s Adventure Guide - August 18, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Inwood Indiana - August 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Reckoning #2 - August 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Real American Horror - August 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: If It Bleeds, It Leads! - August 14, 2017