- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Noir at the Salad Bar, Culinary Tales with a Bite
Deadline: April 30th, 2017
Payment: Unknown at this time but paying, will update asap
oir at the Salad Bar, Culinary Tales with a Bite
This anthology of short crime fiction will focus on culinary stories seasoned with murder and mayhem.
Submission Guidelines for Noir at the Salad Bar, Culinary Tales with a Bite:
Stories must feature food or drink, restaurants, bars or the culinary arts in some way. We seek crime stories in the following genres: mystery, thriller, suspense, caper, and horror, from any time period (historical, modern day, future, etc.). Authors from any geographic area are welcome to submit stories to Level Best Books, and stories may be set anywhere in the world. Culinary professionals are encouraged to submit, ensuring their stories adhere to the overall theme.
- Stories must not exceed 5,000 words
- Stories must be previously unpublished in print or electronically, including self-published works (to include author websites).
- Stories from both published and unpublished authors are welcome.
- The Level Best editors will consider up to two stories from the same author per anthology.
- We will not consider stories that feature graphic scenes of torture or sex
Submissions will be accepted from December 1, 2016 through April 30, 2017
How To Submit:
- Please email your submission to [email protected]
- Type Short Story Submission in the subject line of your email (without it attachments will not be opened)
- Include your name, address, phone number, email, story title, word count, and a brief summary of your publishing experience (if any) in the body of the email
- Please paginate your story (format page numbers in either the header or footer of the document)
- Send your story as a Word attachment, double-spaced
- Please either type ### or “The End” to indicate the ending of your story
- Submissions will be read blindly by the judges. Your story will be coded to insure anonymity and be sent on to the judges, therefore your name should not appear anywhere on the attachment
- We will promptly acknowledge the receipt of your submission
- There is no entry fee
- Level Best Books is a paying market & an MWA approved publisher.
Via: Level Best Books.
- Taking Submissions: Pick Your Poison - June 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Infurno: The Nine Circles of Hell - June 26, 2017
- Taking Submissions ‘Pirates & Ghosts’ And ‘Agents & Spies’ - June 26, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 06/25/2017 - June 25, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Trouble The Waters: Tales from the Deep Blue - June 23, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Afrofuturism - June 22, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Whispers of the Apoc - June 21, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Beautiful Lies, Painful Truths - June 20, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Sherlock Holmes: Adventures in the Realms of H.G. Wells - June 19, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 06/18/2017 - June 18, 2017