- This event has passed.
Taking Submissions: Literary Erotica Anthology: Haunted
Deadline: August 5th, 2017
Payment: 1 cent per word
We are in search of erotic stories centered around the theme of haunted. How you execute this theme is up to you—a multitude of interpretations are possible.
While fantastical and spooky elements are welcome, we suggest writers familiarize themselves with the full dictionary definition of “haunt” and think outside the box. For this anthology we aren’t just looking for ghosts, ghouls, and other monsters. We want to feel something that is persistently there. Something that twists the mind, invades our waking thoughts, disturbs our sleep. The characters must be haunted or haunting.
The sex needs to be raw, passionate, hot, and at the story’s centre. Four-letter words are neither required nor discouraged, although we have a preference for graphic lust conveyed through beautiful prose.
No hard requirements in terms of secondary genres. This theme lends itself well to speculative genres—but think sexy not scary.
Please read our general submission guidelines prior to submitting. We prefer the erotic to the pornographic and have an extreme prejudice for stories with a literary style—however, hot, passionate sex must be at each story’s core. It may help to familiarize yourself with some of our other titles prior to submitting—particularly our short story anthologies and stand-alone shorts.
1,000-5,000 words, although we’ll consider pieces that fall outside those parameters on a case-by-case basis. Multiple and simultaneous submissions ok. No reprints.
If accepted, pay is 1 cent per word. The deadline for submissions is August 5, 2017.
Via: Mug Wump Press.
- Ongoing Submissions: Inwood Indiana - August 17, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Reckoning #2 - August 16, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Real American Horror - August 15, 2017
- Taking Submissions: If It Bleeds, It Leads! - August 14, 2017
- ‘Screams The Machine’ Blog Tour: Sam Mortimer On “Does Originality Exist?” - August 14, 2017
- Trembling With Fear 08/13/2017 - August 13, 2017
- Ongoing Submissions: Black Dandy - August 11, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The First Line – Winter 2017 - August 9, 2017
- Taking Submissions: The Fantasist - August 8, 2017
- Taking Submissions: Fantastic Trains: An anthology of Phantasmagorical Engines and Rail Riders - August 7, 2017